Shocker absorber rebuild, any one done it?

Rovernaut

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How easy is it to rebuild a manual lift shock absorber. I imagine after the base is screwed off there is prbably only hydraulic oil and "0" rings inside??? <br /> Any tips and tools required.<br />The Seloc manual only covers eletric tilt rams.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Shocker absorber rebuild, any one done it?

I don't think there are any parts available if you could get them apart, on snowmobiles, we rebuild gas shock all the time, but oil shocks are not rebuildable

Rovernaut

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Underneath the shockers are 2 pin holes, it looks like a special spanner with 2 prongs on it ( similar to a small angle grinder disc retaining nut spanner) is needed to unscrew the shocker plug.<br />I was thinking if I can get it apart then source so '0" rings of a similar size and attempt a rebuild.<br />Those where my thoughts anyway.<br /><br />other than that there is a company here in Australia the rebuilds the lift Struts used on cars, I had a commercial Van tail gate pair reconditioned and they had an oil leak. I'm sure they were hydraulic operated not gas.<br /> Maybe they can do the shockes too?

Laddies

Banned

There are small adjustable spanners available at hydralic repair shops around here, Good luck