shock

CRANKIE

Seaman
75 hp mercury. I get a shock from shifter control. I changed wires i found no problem<br />with coils. Can a stater do this?

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: shock

Yeah, it can light ya right up. Look for a loose wire in your control, or a defective ignition switch.<br />Post back and let us know what ya find.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

CRANKIE

Seaman

I REPLACED TRIGER,STATOR,SWITCHBOX,RECTIFER,PLUGS,WIRES.$$$$$$. I unpluged ign switch still shocked me. I think poss coil or a ground. If there is a bad ground on coil would there be other problem?

dilligafda

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your problem is not in the coils. It's in the wiring harness. The problem appears to be that the stop circut wire (black/yellow) is shorted in the control box. This circut carries the stator voltage and when the key is turned off, provides a ground to the ignition to shut the engine off. Inspect the wiring inside the control box and between the engine and control and I'm pretty sure that you will find the problem there. Good luck! :)

CRANKIE

Seaman

TRACED PROBLEM TO IGN SWITCH. ALL FIXED NOW. IT WAS FULL OF WATER.<br />YOU GET ONE HELL OF A ZAP FROM STATOR VOLTAGE!