Ship Shape Boating

eeboater

Commander
Does anyone watch that show Ship Shape Boating on the DIY Network? Its pretty good, and I actually learned something last week. He did an episode on Sacrificial Annodes - pretty cool.<br /><br />It's on Saturdays (not sure what time, I TiVo it)<br /><br />Sean

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ship Shape Boating

Good show.I think someone here(awhile back)said he was a member here.

D

DJ

I love that show. I only get it, occasionally, as I only have VERY basic cable.<br /><br />I'm CHEAP!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Funny you speak of them. I was at the lake one day last year and this guy gets to the ramp and is unhooking his stuff to launch and he has them things all over the outboard.<br />He had some screwed onto the cowl.<br />I just about lost it right there.<br /><br />I ask why on the cowl and he looked at me kinda funny and said, "Keeps the corosion off it"<br /><br />Hello, it was a plastic cowl.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

yeap good show, needs to be longer than 30 min. though. i have picked up great info. its filmed about 2 hrs from me in Stuart Florida. :D

eeboater

Commander

I was wondering if the host was a member here... I think his name is John Greviskis...<br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

John will be in Michigan City In. this week end 8/27-28. It is an inwater boat show. We do not get the broadcast here in NE Indiana. Probably interfers with important stuff like infomercials.

vipzach

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Funny you speak of them. I was at the lake one day last year and this guy gets to the ramp and is unhooking his stuff to launch and he has them things all over the outboard.<br />He had some screwed onto the cowl.<br />I just about lost it right there.<br /><br />I ask why on the cowl and he looked at me kinda funny and said, "Keeps the corosion off it"<br /><br />Hello, it was a plastic cowl.
I would have been rolling!!!!! I started laughing out loud when I read this!!!!! :D :D :D

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> He had some screwed onto the cowl.<br />I just about lost it right there.<br /><br />I ask why on the cowl and he looked at me kinda funny and said, "Keeps the corosion off it"<br />
Well.....Was it coroded, or were they actually working :confused: <br /> :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> I love that show. I only get it, occasionally, as I only have VERY basic cable.<br /><br />I'm CHEAP!
Ive only seen it a couple times on PBS but it was good and Im cheaper than DJ! We dont even have basic cable.. outside TV antenna! :)

KaGee

Admiral

Sometimes the show is boring. He only does boats with outboards... at least on the shows I have watched.<br /><br />I learn way more here.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Sometimes the show is boring. He only does boats with outboards... at least on the shows I have watched.<br /><br />I learn way more here.
I actually had that same thought last week. wondered why there were no I/O's or inboards.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> He had some screwed onto the cowl.<br />I just about lost it right there.<br /><br />I ask why on the cowl and he looked at me kinda funny and said, "Keeps the corosion off it"<br />
Well.....Was it coroded, or were they actually working :confused: <br /> :D :D
RP, I don't know, I could not see with the water running from my eyes. :D :D

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

Used to watch the show when it was on PBS. MUCH better (no commercials). Used to even be able to buy the videos, but don't see them on that web site anymore<br /><br />Now, it's aired on Fox Sports (here in the Chicago-area). He recently started a closing segment called Ship-Shape U. 4-5 minutes of some basic stuff (docking, anchoring, etc). Great segment.<br /><br />It's funny you guys talk think that he only covers O/B's. I've often thought the show was geared-towards I/O's! I will say this, in my on/off watching over the last few years, I've yet to see anything on aluminum boats - he seems to stick to glass boat in a saltwater environment.<br /><br />Finally, there is a member on these boards with that display name (member # 53487), but according to this post , he's not the guy.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I would watch it, but it keeps hopping around on stations that I do not get on my satellite service.

KaGee

Admiral

Jason... I get it on Direct TV on the DIY network, channel 230.