Sheriff Joe at it again!

aspeck

Staff member
PHOENIX - Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies began using fluorescent pink handcuffs Thursday to transport inmates.<br /><br />Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he introduced the pink handcuffs because he was tired of losing them to his own deputies and other law enforcement agencies. Arpaio said he assumes nobody else has pink handcuffs, so they will be easy to spot.<br /><br />He ordered 1,000 of the pink handcuffs, which are made in England. They cost 60 cents more than silver ones. Patrol deputies will still carry the silver cuffs, which they pay for themselves.<br /><br />Maricopa County inmates wear pink boxers and sleep on pink sheets

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Sheriff Joe at it again!

Will look lovely with those hot orange jump suits. I hope they don't make my butt look big!<br />Maybe they could get Martha Stewart to color coordinate the whole dam* prision system. After all the clothes make the man. Ooops got carried away again. :D

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

makes sense to me. wonder how much he'll save on lost handcuffs?

aspeck

Staff member

you just gotta love Sheriff Joe! Wish we had more of him around!

NathanY

Commander

How long until Tylerin gets a pair for Guageguy? :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> I don't look good in pink :p
AMEN!! And I don't think I would FEEL very good in pink either...

aspeck

Staff member

I thought it was GG that would get them for Ty - guess I had 'em backwards!<br /><br />Where is Carphunter - he needs to pull his weight around here. I don't want to get into trouble, but when a part of the forum is missing, somebody has to take up the slack!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> I thought it was GG that would get them for Ty
He prefers yellow.<br /><br />Can you imagine a prisoner from Sherrif Joe's jail getting transferred to the big time lock up, showing up with pink boxers and pink cuffs...Bubba would just love that!!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

GG, I heard that you can use Koolaid to dye the color of fur on cats. Maybe you can get some white hamsters and see if you can make them pink or yellow for Ty.<br /><br />Pink handcuffs.....just don't know what to think. Never ever had to wear any of any color. :p :D

Stratosfied

Ensign

I had to, at one stupid time, wear the silver ones. I would not have been more ashamed to wear pink ones. :confused: