shelby ind., made in usa

ziggy

Admiral
i just want to write a thankyou to shelby indudtries, for the public to see. they are the mfg. of my winch on my old boat trailer. a rolco trailer i think(from reminents of a sticker on trailer). oem with my 72 trisonic speedboat. <br />i had a cam piece on my winch that broke last summer. left me with no way to lock my winch in fwd or rev. well i finally got around to looking up shelby on the web. they are still are there, in ky. when i called, i had to leave a message on an answering machine, but they returned my phone call same day. i didn't have any part numbers for the part i wanted. but the lady on the phone was real nice and we walked, verbally thru the parts till we agreed on which part i wanted. she said," well we'll just put one in a bag a send it to ya". i ask the charge for this and she reiterated that they'd just send me one, free of charge. well, i got it today, no bill, right part. yeah, my 2800 lb winch model 5470 works like a champ again. <br />wow, that must be the american treatment. glad it wasn't made in china or timbucktwo or something, i'd for sure have had to buy a whole new winch.... thanks Shelby Ind. made in usa.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: shelby ind., made in usa

Cool.<br />What do they call that? Oh yeah, it "customer service".<br />Glad you found some, not much around anymore.<br /><br />Send the lady a valentine card and make her smile. :)