Shark Derby

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class
monster20up.jpg
<br />I think I'll stick to the local lake varieties, bass and the sort...<br /> Oak Bluffs Monster Shark Fishing Derby <br /> Official page for the shark derby

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: Shark Derby

Beautiful animal.<br />Kind of a bummer they had to kill it.<br />They donated the meat to a church? Tiger shark steaks?

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

I wonder what shark tastes like? I thought only the fins were used in some oriental soup??

Stratosfied

Ensign

WOW!!! I wish he could catch all of them!!! How big was this one and how much did it weigh??

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

The picture is a 15 foot Tiger Shark weighing in around 1,200 lb and took 2hrs and 10 mins to get it landed. . .boated.... ;)

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

The saddest part...they missed the deadline to get enter it in tournament by 6 minutes so they won NOTHING!.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ok..just talking with co-worker who knows someone that was in tourney...this is really the saddest..<br /><br />All the captain had to do was call ahead and let them know that he was going to be late and he would have won....rules alot for late arrivals..as long as they call before deadline.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Are some sharks good to eat? Dang right!<br /><br />Mako and blue sharks are very tasty, taste a lot like swordfish. In some parts of the northeast "broadbill swordfish" is the real Mccoy and "native swordfish" is Mako shark.<br /><br />People in other parts of the world eat all sharks and consider some delicacies. Mako is a delicacy in my book.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I eat black-tipped sharks here in the Gulf of Mexico. Absolutely delicious as JB stated.