Setup After Ficht Rebuild Questions

bucky4

Seaman Apprentice
I just had my 97 Ficht rebuilt and was told by the shop when I picked it up that I have to take it to a Bombardier dealer to have it setup. They don't do the initial setup anymore since they've had problems in the past. (I know, live and learn!!!)

The nearest Bombardier dealer is 100+ miles away, so I'd like to know what is required in this setup and is it something I can do myself. I do have the diagnostic software.

Thanks,
Jim

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Setup After Ficht Rebuild Questions

the ficht is a total different animal than most outboards. i have no idea what goes into the setup.

bucky4

Seaman Apprentice

Someone out there has to know what to do? I know extra oiling is required, but I'm sure other motor parameters require attention. HELP, PLEASE!

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Im sure BRP has a toll free number with a direct link to a service dept that would be able to give you the exact procedure. Worth a shot.

bucky4

Seaman Apprentice

Will try contacting BRP. Thanks for the suggestion.

chrisa

Cadet

Bucky, Have you found anything out about the break-in? I would imagine the ECU would have to be put into the "extra oil" mode. I forget what it is really called. After that I would bet you just need to follow the procedure in the owners manual. Why did u need a rebuild? I just did a comp test on mine....its bad. I havn't pulled the heads yet but i'm expecting i'll be doing some "rebuiling" of my own this winter. Did you have any trouble getting parts?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

There was a reason for the initial failure. Before you put any hours on the engine, you need to resolve why it failed. The setup tech should insure the oiling system if functional and do a short test to each injector to be sure it is spraying fuel. I'd also interrogate the computer to make sure the software is up to date and that all available Ficht factory mods have been applied to your engine. Bombardier can tell you.