Setting up twin 9.9 outboards.

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was just wondering if you can run a twin yamaha 9.9 engine set up. If you can, how would you do this? Thanks

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Setting up twin 9.9 outboards.

Well...... for starters what kind of a boat are you looking to do it on?

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A 15' wooden boat. I just want to, it seems like fun.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I wouldnt do twins unless theres just no room for three.<br /><br />Keep us informed - sounds neat.<br /><br />Good luck!

Squeakit

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've thought about putting two 2hp motors on the back of my 12ft aluminum boat. Do the props have to rotate in opposite directions or can they turn the same way? With the little 2's, you can set the throttles and then concentrate on steering but with twist-grip throttles, seems like it might be kinda tricky.

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

Lets reinforce the transom with some aluminum, and bolt this 3.4L 300 hp Merc I have............. Now that would be fun!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: THIN the Herd.......

seamarc

Cadet

As a sailor and having a wicked sense of humor, I actually rigged my 13' rigid/inflatable dingy with twin 25's Merc's last year. It was a lot of fun and one of the "best jokes I ever told" I still have all the parts you need to rig the steering and set of dual shifters and cables too. Make me an offer..... Oh, for smaller set ups like this you don't need counter rotating props.<br />seamarc@aol.com