Servicemanual for Merc 90 Sportjet ?

HenkaQP8

Cadet
Please anyone who can send me a PDF or similar. I got a Searayder 14 -93 with the 90 hp Mercury Sportjet and I want to learn about the engine/jetpump. How to change impeller and how to change oil in the gearbox,
I know how to change in the lower unit with the 2 screws/plugs under the boat on the intakegrate, -but how do you change oil in the upper unit gearbox ? From inside the boat or ? Hope someone can help me. //Henka from Sweden

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Servicemanual for Merc 90 Sportjet ?

you can go to www.clymer.com to get a shop manual it is number W815 , Yes you do service the lower unit from below , depending on intake grate will determine fill points . No way to check oil other than draining and re filling. The only other unit in the drive that takes gear lube must be taken off the boat and serviced on a bench . This is not hard at all if you have the directions on how to do it . I am doing my boat this weekend and think it will take about 2 hrs for all drive services and drive adjustments.

PS do not waste your time trying to find a manual on line , I looked for days and buying one is the only way to go