Service bulletins for Hondas - Anyone have access?

maillon

Seaman
Hello,<br /><br />Anyone have access to Honda service bulletins?<br /><br />I'm looking for any information regarding cracked heads or cracked blocks for Honda BF130s between 2000 and 2001<br /><br />Thanks <br /><br />- Mike

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Service bulletins for Hondas - Anyone have access?

M- did 2 searches on Hondanet for BF130 and "cracked" and came up with nothing concerning cracked blocks or heads...sorry :cool:

clanton

Rear Admiral

Dealer should have this information, Some of the information was, engine to be inspected, some heads or blocks replaced, some nothing done, all had extended warranty on block and heads. I may be incorrect on this, so if find anything post it.<br />Even Toyota has extended warranty on all of there engines, included Lexus for oiling problems. You can find the Toyota thing in Motor Mag.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mike-called Honda tech...-Aug 2002-Buletin #027 titled "Poor engine performance"...affected units with frame serial #'s...BZBE-1000001 THRU 12011321 and BZBH-1000001 THRU 1200180....if your unit is in the affected group a Honda dealer should perform an inspection to see what corrective action is warranted...? need more help ? the bulletin itself is 12 pages and describes cracks in the ribs of the water passage behind the exhaust port :cool:

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mike-if you're not the original owner you wouldn't have gotten the notice Honda mailed out.If you want,email your frame serial number and I'll run a product history report on Hondanet and see if there are any outstanding recalls and your service history. gulfcoast5300@earthlink.net

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

What do you need to know? I have all Honda service bulletins at my disposal.Honda does have a bulletin out on engine block crackage on your engine and perhaps your model year but this problem usually only occured after a substantial overheat and was rectified by a casting change a few years back.There was no running recall and I've only done 1 off these retros on a commercial user that beats the crap out of their stuff.

maillon

Seaman

Thanks,<br /><br />I called the dealer who sold me the engine. My engine did fall with in the problem serial numbers. Luckily the did apply service to the motor prior to shipping it.<br /><br />Thanks again