Senza water leak problem

Lake Born

Recruit
I'm looking to buy a 2006 Larson Senza 206 with 220 HP Mercruiser. The bow design appears to slope inward. I'm concerned that, because the cover snaps on the inward slope, it looks like rain water will drain right into the bow -- even with the cover on. Is this a problem with the particular model?

derekpfeiffer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Senza water leak problem

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Larson Senza 206 with 220 HP Mercruiser. The bow design appears to slope inward. I'm concerned that, because the cover snaps on the inward slope, it looks like rain water will drain right into the bow -- even with the cover on. Is this a problem with the particular model?

I've never looked at that paticular model but my lxi228 has the snaps located somewhere inside the high spot if i recall and I've never had any problems. I garage mine but on a couple ocassions at the lake it'd been rained on and never leaked. My factory snap cover fits snug and has a thick rubber/foam seal around the whole outside. I'll have to look when I get home tho to see exactly what mine looks like tho.

In my opinion if you were to store it consistantly outside I'd use I one piece cover.

Just my .02

I'll look tonight tho to see how mine is exactly designed.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

My LXI 208 has a lip that it snaps below but the bow slopes to the front and water drains right off. Like Derrick I garage mine unless I stay overnight at the lake and then snap it down. Only been rained on one time and there was no water in the boat.

rainman240

Recruit

I own the same boat. I have to put an additional tarp over the bow because it will take in water with the snap on cover in place. The down side of having a shorter than boat carport.