Sent to me by a northern friend.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit - - that's what rednecks are made of. <br /><br />I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya are... <br /><br /><br />You might be a redneck if . <br /><br />It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God. ." <br /><br />You've never protested about seeing the Ten Commandments posted in public places. <br /><br />You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival". <br /><br />You bow your head when someone prays. pray <br /> <br /><br />You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem. <br /><br />You treat war vets with great respect and always have. <br /><br />You've never burned an American flag. <br /><br />You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening. <br /><br />You'd give your last dollar to a friend. <br /><br /> <br /> God Bless America

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sent to me by a northern friend.

Yea being from where I am, I am 100% redneck and proud of it.<br /><br />Have a habit of saying what I mean sometimes and don't care who hears it.<br /><br />Ain't no "Purty boy" here. :cool: <br />
1confederate_1798_7002231

JasonB

Lieutenant

I'be never been accused of being anything other than a redneck. A high-tech one sometimes, but that's ok too.

Laddies

Banned

Isn't a shame what being politicly correct, multinationly and the UN. have done to this great country. Please take the time to chime in on the detracters of our nation---Bob

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

40 Things Never Said By Red Necks<br />40. Oh I just couldn't. Hell, she's only sixteen.<br />39. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.<br />38. Duct tape won't fix that.<br />37. Lisa Marie was lucky to catch Michael.<br />36. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.<br />35. We don't keep firearms in this house.<br />34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?<br />33. You can't feed that to the dog.<br />32. I thought Graceland was tacky.<br />31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.<br />30. Wrasslin's fake.<br />29. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?<br />28. We're vegetarians.<br />27. Do you think my gut is too big?<br />26. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.<br />25. Honey, we don't need another dog.<br />24. Who's Richard Petty?<br />23. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.<br />22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.<br />21. Spittin is such a nasty habit.<br />20. I just couldn't find a thing at Walmart today.<br />19. Trim the fat off that steak.<br />18. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.<br />17. The tires on that truck are too big.<br />16. I'll have the arugula and radicchio salad.<br />15. I've got it all on the C drive.<br />14. Unsweetened tea tastes better.<br />13. Would you like your salmon poached or broiled?<br />12. My fiance, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.<br />11. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.<br />10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.<br />09. Checkmate.<br />08. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.<br />07. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?<br />06. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.<br />05. I don't have a favorite college team.<br />04. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.<br />03. I believe you cooked those green beans too long.<br />02. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darla.<br />01. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin tonight.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Art, I don't think Jane Fonda can pass your test.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

I guess ya got me with that un.

PW2

Commander

I guess I'll never be a Redneck<br /><br />I believe the government has no business getting involved in what I or anyone else believes in from a spiritual point of view, other than to protect my right to pursue any spiritual path I choose. They've got plenty to do in creating the laws that allow society to function, without concerning themselves with stuff that aint any of their dang business.<br /><br />While I've never burned a flag, and was not aware of the apparent epidemic concerning flag burning. still I believe it is the fundamental duty of each citizen in a free democracy to speak out against wrongs perpetrated by our government, even if he is the only one that sees it.<br /><br />I've always given all citizens the respect they deserve- regardless of their military service record. Why would anyone not respect their fellow citizens?<br /><br />Yeah, I know those are simple rights guaranteed in the constitution, but for some reason there are groups in this country that seem to think the constitution only protects those we like and agree with.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

25 Things Said By theriver<br /><br />25. Oh I just couldn't. Hell, he's only sixteen.<br />24. I'll take Lack of Character for 1000, Alex.<br />23. I'll fix that. I can do my nails later.<br />22. Chuck E. Cheese was lucky to have met me.<br />21. Come to think of it, that Heineken I drank must have made me a little tipsy.<br />20. We keep firearms in this house. You know, just in case one of those big bully types decides to pick on us.<br />19. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer? I've got to shave Eliot's back. Again!<br />18. You can't feed that to the dog. Poopsy only eats Kal Kan.<br />17. I thought Graceland was tacky. But Neverland was juuuuuuuuust right!<br />16. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe. Unless of course, they're buckled into my friend MJ's lap. Then it's OK.<br />15. Wrasslin's fake. My mommy told me so.<br />14. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace? You know, the $100 we sent so I could claim $1000 on our taxes?<br />13. We're vegetarians. Which, of course, makes us sooooooo superior to all the savage omnivores around us. Don't you think?<br />12. Do you think my gut is too big? Or is the problem that my head is up my a$$?<br />11. I'll have grape and grain and Lordy, look out cuz here I gooooooo! Woo hoo!<br />10. Honey, we don't need another dog. Poopsy will only get jealous.<br />9. Who's Jesus?<br />8. Give me the small bag; I don't need much room in which to keep my scruples.<br />7. Too many deer are eating my landscaping. What am I to do?<br />6. Spitting is such a nasty habit. I always swallow.<br />5. I just couldn't find a thing at Target today.<br />4. Trim the fat off that steak. I want you to rub it all over me.<br />3. My fiancee, Bobby, is registered at Tiffany's.<br />2. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl. Yummy!<br />1. He's too young to be wearing a g-string.

Link

Rear Admiral

Well I might catch a bit of flack but here goes..<br /><br />Noodles ROFLMAO you nailed a couple of trolls.. :) Good Shot! <br />But ae708 that has nothing to do with being a redneck! Sorry!<br />It's just plane ole being an American! or Fill the "Country" in for our Brothers across the pond or Border!<br />RedNeck is stil a RedNeck.. When eye Devorce me wife... sheees still gonin to b me syster! Aint shey?<br /> :D :D :D <br />Good post BTW ;)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah Link, kinda had to do it after readin all the BS that comes from there. Know what I mean? ;)

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> I guess I'll never be a Redneck<br /><br />I believe the government has no business getting involved in what I or anyone else believes in from a spiritual point of view, other than to protect my right to pursue any spiritual path I choose. They've got plenty to do in creating the laws that allow society to function, without concerning themselves with stuff that aint any of their dang business.<br /><br />While I've never burned a flag, and was not aware of the apparent epidemic concerning flag burning. still I believe it is the fundamental duty of each citizen in a free democracy to speak out against wrongs perpetrated by our government, even if he is the only one that sees it.<br /><br />I've always given all citizens the respect they deserve- regardless of their military service record. Why would anyone not respect their fellow citizens?<br /><br />Yeah, I know those are simple rights guaranteed in the constitution, but for some reason there are groups in this country that seem to think the constitution only protects those we like and agree with.
Whereas you are right that you have the right to believe and speak as you do, you missed the spirit of ae708's post. <br />The spirit is respect and tolerance. The bleeding hearts in society think that no one should ever feel bad or uncomfortable. That we should be able to do whatever we want to (as in flag-burning). But what about the people who enjoy being reminded of the fact that Christmas started as a religious holiday? Or that the flag is defended by lives lost? Or that in the land of the free, free speech allows you to refrain from saying "One nation, under God...", but allows my to say, "One nation, under God..."<br />It can go both ways, but respect and tolerance applies to what offends you too.<br />The seperation of church and state did not prohibit religion in public places, it prohibited a state religion, a government mandated religion. As a society we are overwhelmingly christian, so if in a Democracy the majority rules, why are we being subjected to the will of the few?<br />Respect and tolerance. I'll be a redneck till I die, if they'll take me. Thank you.

PW2

Commander

At last!<br />Someone actually responding directly to what was said, instead of simply making something up in order to attempt to ridicule it! I applaud you.<br /><br />There are a wealth of public displays of religion all over the place, and there is a church virtually on every street corner, enjoying tax advantages to preach what they want. I have no problem with that.<br /><br />Always the difficult thing in any democracy is in protecting the rights of the minority in a system designed to be run by majority rule. It is a fundamental contradiction. It is why the founding fathers labored so hard on a specific bill of rights, and why they occupy such a prominent position in the constitution.<br /><br />The government's role in religion is not to promote or mandate one religion over another, regardless of any majority they might enjoy. Christianity is merely one of many potential religions in the world, and the government has no business promoting it over any other religion.<br /><br />If that makes some uncomfortable, get over it. Government's role is to protect all its citizens, not necessarily to comfort them.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

PW2<br />Very astute, and eloquent. Thank you. Too often we, in society and here on iboats too, fall into the pit of personal attacks. We do this to try and riducule another into agreeing with our feelings or point of view. We act on emotion. Forgetting that we are allowed by our freedoms to be different, think different, and be free, but we don't have the freedom to compel others to conform to our personal beliefs and standards.<br /><br />I mispoke or appeared to support christianity at the exclusion of other religions. What I meant was we the people are overwhelmingly in belief of a greater power(I wrote christianity by mistake), so why are we being ruled by those who are "uncomfortable" being reminded of that? Is it the protesters' conscience, or their disdane for a deity, or simply they don't want to be reminded that their actions are accountable? Accountable to man and to a higher power?<br />I would welcome exposure to other religions, I may not agree with them, but still would tolerate religious symbols of them, only if they were not to the exclusion of another religion.