Senior Citizen Drivers

LadyFish

Admiral
Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a State Police officer sees a car puttering along at 22 mph. So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over.<br /><br />He notices that there are five old ladies -- two in the front seat and three in the back -- eyes wide, and white as ghosts. The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"<br /><br />"Ma'am," the officer replies, "You weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."<br /><br />"Slower than the speed limit?" she asked. "No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly -- 22 miles an hour!" the old woman says a bit proudly.<br /><br />The Police officer, trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that "22" was the route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.<br /><br />"But before I let you go, Ma'am," said the officer, "I have to ask ... Is everyone in this car okay? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't muttered a single peep this whole time."<br /><br />"Oh, they'll be all right in a minute, officer. We just got off Route 119." :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Senior Citizen Drivers

Those "True" stories are funny and amazing. I wouldn't doubt that could happen for one minuet!<br /> :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

My mother is in her mid 70s and drives like she is always on route 119. She is a serious leadfoot. Thank God she is still a good driver....

Stratosfied

Ensign

Great!! My grandmother got a ticket in Beaumont TX when the limit was 55..she was going 83!!!