Senator Kennedy on Louisiana

eeboater

Commander
"What the American people have seen is this incredible disparity in which those people who had cars and money got out and those people who were impoverished died," said Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.).<br /><br />Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Senator Kennedy on Louisiana

Getting out and getting over the bridge are two different things in my book. Maybe he was refering to the fact he got his butt out.<br /><br />His story of what happened compares to the fairy tales of Kerry in Nam.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Ted....Thank you for your comments, now take a seat and SHUT UP Time to retire. :mad:

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, Kennedy and Nagin both have something in common.<br /><br />They both left someone behind that needed their help. Ted left Mary Jo and Nagin left the impoverished and elderly.<br /><br />And as you say Wildbill, they both concoct fairy tales to do the CYA thing.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm all for the return of public hangings for public serpents that violate our trust. <br /><br />They do amazing things now with roto rooting of fat clogged arteries, Teddy could be around just like Thurmond. Perish the thought

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by wildbill59:<br /> I'm all for the return of public hangings for public serpents that violate our trust. <br /><br />They do amazing things now with roto rooting of fat clogged arteries, Teddy could be around just like Thurmond. Perish the thought
Got Rope???? Let's Do It. I offer Mitch Daniels to open the ceremony.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Sen. Kennedy is one of the finest American polititians of the 20th century. A great visionary with a level of personal integrity never achieved by most, Ted Kennedy will leave a legacy of honesty, courage, and self sacrifice for his country. I can't thank the voters of the Commonwealth enough for their continued support of this great man, through whos votes will ensure his presence in the US Senate. <br /><br />Ted Kennedy- THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO !

eeboater

Commander

Whatever happened to the days like in Deadwood... we need an Al Swearingin to take care of this. :D <br /><br /><br />Anyone watch Deadwood?<br /><br />Sean

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by alden:<br /> Sen. Kennedy is one of the finest American polititians of the 20th century. A great visionary with a level of personal integrity never achieved by most, Ted Kennedy will leave a legacy of honesty, courage, and self sacrifice for his country. I can't thank the voters of the Commonwealth enough for their continued support of this great man, through whos votes will ensure his presence in the US Senate. <br /><br />Ted Kennedy- THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO !
You... gotta throw... some smileys in there or something - I can't tell if thats sarcasm, seriousness, or a joke!

KRS

Banned

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />
Originally posted by alden:<br /> Sen. Kennedy is one of the finest American polititians of the 20th century. A great visionary with a level of personal integrity never achieved by most, Ted Kennedy will leave a legacy of honesty, courage, and self sacrifice for his country. I can't thank the voters of the Commonwealth enough for their continued support of this great man, through whos votes will ensure his presence in the US Senate. <br /><br />Ted Kennedy- THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO !
You... gotta throw... some smileys in there or something - I can't tell if thats sarcasm, seriousness, or a joke!
Ya, let us know [hopefully] that your tongue is so far in your cheek that you bit it off and were choking on it and couldn't add smiles and what not.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just like the marketing campaign slogan for drinking milk "Got Milk?" was a hit, Madison Ave. could do a "Got Rope" thing in the next election cycle.<br /><br />I beleive it's every boaters duty to have a stoat rope on hand at all times for such occasions.<br />I think it's buried in the Marine time law somewhere.<br /><br /><br />
hanging.jpg

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

LOL at alden! :D :D :D <br />Remember what Teddy said to President Clinton? <br />"Bill, all you had to do was ask, I'd have given her a ride home."<br /><br /><br />What was it Lynerd Skynerd said..."Southern man don't need him around anyhow"

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Hey...wait a minute! Ted's a GREAT guy. He gave me and my friends a bucket of KFC when I was a teenager and we were hangin out in our local park in Vienna, VA. What more can you ask from a senior senator? :cool:

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good one alden: you realy had me going until I read this part:<br />__________________________________________________<br />United States Navy Veteran<br /><br />While we boat, our Troops are protecting us. SUPPORT THEM!!!<br />__________________________________________________<br />Ol’d Teddy don’t support the troops just check his voting records.<br />Votes against the Military all the time. I think he is jealous of his two brothers that were in WWII. He is a Sorry POS.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Booner:<br /> Good one alden: you realy had me going until
Sorry, just could'nt resist :) :)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Booner, Edward Kennedy was 13 at the end of WWII. how could he have possibly participated/why would he be jealous?? Makes no sense.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Shocked by the widespread suffering of those displaced from their homes by the flooding in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to plug one of the holes in the Lake Pontchartrain levee with his own ample body. <br /><br /><br />"The Bush Administration has failed to stem the tide of this cataclysm," said Kennedy. "I have had some experience with aquatic mishaps. :eek: This experience will bolster me in this hour of desperation as I plug one of the leaks myself." :rolleyes: <br /> <br />Kennedy has arranged to have the Air Force transport him by helicopter and lower him into the easternmost breach in the levee. The hope is that the senator's doughy frame will be pliable enough to conform to the hole's dimensions and halt or, at least slow, the flow of water from the lake into the city. <br /><br /><br />President Bush praised Senator Kennedy's decision. "I think it's mighty big of him to offer so much for the good of the country," ;) said Bush. "There aren't many who could fill such a large role in this disaster." :D <br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />
075721.jpg

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

LOL at SBN!!! You could have payed him in booze!!!!<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

<INSERT SICK HURLING FACE HERE><br /><br />What the heck was Mary-Jo thinking? That's one nasty looking mo-fo! Guess money can bring you happiness.<br /><br />Sean