Senate vs. Roberts

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
After one day, I think that the senators should just vote Roberts for confirmation. Roberts is clearly more intellegent than all of them put together. Any more historionics and grandstanding and I think he might withdraw his name from consideration, due to personal illness. Nobody distinguished themselves, and most embarrassed themselves.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Senate vs. Roberts

You can listen to the hearings live on NPR...how many times can one man say "I'm reluctant to comment on specific cases...."

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

how many times can one man say "I'm reluctant to comment on specific cases...."<br /><br />Regardless of how many times he said it, wanna bet how many democratic geniu .. uh, senators ask him to comment on specific cases? ;)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> Roberts is clearly more intellegent than all of them put together.
The guy who sweeps up after the hearing is more intelligent than all the senators put together.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have been watching the hearings on PBSU all day.<br /><br />All Senators have obvious agendas to either discredit or to praise him. He has handled both with impressive dignity.<br /><br />I think he will be confirmed and in the end will disappoint both far right and far left. That is as it should be.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I think he will be confirmed and in the end will disappoint both far right and far left.
As long as he doesn't dissappoint those who believe in the Constitutional edicts for THE COURT. That is not necessarily the MIDDLE GROUND, as you so wish it JB.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm looking forward to the news headlines tomorrow. They'll be outraged by his silence and I'll be laughing my @$$ off while I listen to the news at work! :D

Realgun

Commander

I like the Fact that he may believe 1 thing and vote for another. He said that in a question concerning overturn a decision. Basically the Senator wanted an answer on Rowe v Wade and he got it.<br /><br />Confirm him already we need to get to the NEXT Supreme Court Judge!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Nobody distinguished themselves, and most embarrassed themselves
Well.. What did you expect... I mean, Hey, they're Senators... :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I want nothing of the kind, Boomer, and I didn't say I did.<br /><br />He clearly understands the Constitution and its edicts far beyond our pitiful opinions.<br /><br />You other guys: there will be no more name calling or stupid, inflammatory posts or language here, so don't waste your time and mine.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I think he will be an evolutionist not an activist, with a right of center perspective. I can think of no one better to lead this body for the next thirty or so years.