Seloc Manual Wiring / Johnson 90 HP 1990 /Red Connector

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi there, hope you all had a good Saturday on the water :) <br /><br />After fixing my Voltage/Ground problems, I can start the engine easily. Still have some problems to trace. <br /><br />While checking on the diagrams in the Seloc manual number 1308, (YES I have one OBJ !!) I found no description for this big red connector. <br />(Appendix-23) Any one has a pin diagram of that one ? so I can check some elctrics ?<br />There is one in the next page looking like the big red, but thats not my engine.<br /> <br /><br />Thanks and have a nice Sunday

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Seloc Manual Wiring / Johnson 90 HP 1990 /Red Connector

Glad ya' got one boats!!<br /><br />The Big Red harness plugs are standard. The difference is in how many pins are in a plug for a particular model engine. If the one shown in the Seloc manual doesn't show enough pins, I can make you a hand drawing and get it to ya'. Just let us know.<br /><br />Thanks....

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks OBJ<br /><br />(Answering at 8:11 AM from Ohio ????? are you out shovelling snow at that time :D )<br /><br />I'll go out and count them after I'm done with hanging the wall kitchen cabinets. :mad:

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi, I managed to check on the connector,<br /><br />I think your right OBJ. It has 8 pins on the male but 10 "holes" on the female side, but 2 of those are empty. So it could be the diagram on page A-24 for the 175-200HP engines. The pain is, they only write the cable colours on the pins, not ths usage<br />(ground, horn etc), so of you have something else,<br />I would appreciate it.<br /><br />There is a number on the connector "584211 HP" and<br />a small "MX" engraved on the small end of the male guy.<br /><br />Thanks for your time

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Gimme yer email addy boats and I'll send ya' a picture. It'll be off a 75 but it's the same.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

It's on the way. If ya' need more, let me know.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks OBJ,<br /><br />received it well, just checked with connector and<br />looks identical. Now on for a long week of troubleshooting :)