Seloc Manual / Johnson 90 HP 1990 / Key Switch

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
And me again, have never though I would read<br />outboard engine manuals instead waching TV on Saturday night ;) <br /><br />I also found a discrepancy between my ignition key and the diagram. At my ignition key, the two pins named "M" are reversedly wired e.x. 2 wires, one to ground are on the middle (right) "M" between A and B ??? while the lower (left) "M" has only.<br /><br />If the key position drawing is rigth then, my switch should not work at all or am I wrong ? :confused: <br /><br />Thanks again for your time guys

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Seloc Manual / Johnson 90 HP 1990 / Key Switch

Aftermarket (Seloc) manuals have a way of confusing alot of items...If you ever get the chance, buy an OEM manual, it'll save some headaches later.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks walleyehed,<br /><br />you got an URL handy where I can order those ?<br />I'll search the database this afternoon.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Walleyehead, <br />I searched the forum and found a link to Ken Cook Co. with manuals. Those go for 260 USD if I'm right ????? Those the one you guys are using ?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> one M terminal has a black wire from the harness and another going to the box grond. sometimes the harness ground goes to the box then to the switch. the other M terminal has a blk/yellow wire that is kill circuit. does not matter which M terminal the ground black and the blk/yellow go to as long as the blk/yellow and blk are not on the same terminal.<br /> good luck and keep posting

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes, thank you. That makes sense to me. I checked it agaib and it's wired as you said, concerning the blk/yellow to the kill circuit.<br /><br />Thanks, that solves my problem.<br /><br />Once again guys, thank you all for time and help.