Selling my 75hp force outboard looking for a new 90 which one?

CRDLIBERTY

Cadet
Im obviously looking for a deal ive seen a yamaha 90hp new for $5300 any better deals out there with rebates? The motor i have on there i belive has mercury controls would it be wise to stay with merc.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Selling my 75hp force outboard looking for a new 90 which one?

it depends on if the yammy comes with controls, i want 2 at that price.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Don't shop only price.Consider dealer reputation,factory training,location etc.
Give all the brands a look especially the Etec I think for an owner take over,
new product line dealer education etc BRP has done an amazing job with the Etec line.And it appears there have been few startup glitches.And now it appears they will be adding motors under 40 hp.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Sure love my 90 hp Yammy 4 stroke so far this summer (after putting just 10 hours or so on the clock). However, last weekend I happened to moor beside a 115 E-tec at the local gas dock and was astounded at how much smaller that engine was than mine. I have to admit to save that kind of weight AND get 25 more horses, I'd sure look seriously at the E if I was starting from scratch again.

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

I was recently in the same boat as you and was looking for a new 90 to replace my Nissan TLDI. I decided early on that I was going to buck the trend and buy a carb'd 2 stroke. Weight is an issue for me and while I am in Canada, I want something that I can work on myself. I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning....

I found 2 fantastic deals on non-current 90hp outboards. I found a deal on a new '05 Johnson 90hp (V-4) for $5600 rigged at a dealer in Grand Rapids, MN and an equally good deal on a new '05 Yamaha 90hp for $5600 rigged at a dealer in Perham, MN.

There are some great deals out there on carb'd 2 strokes if that is what you want. For me, I am more than happy with a carb'd 2 stroke and compared to a new 4 stroke or DFI 2 stroke I saved about $2000-$3500.

I chose the Johnson 90hp carb. Even after previously owning a DFI 2 stroke, I am extremely pleased with how well the Johnson 90 performs. I run a high end synthetic in it for oil and rarely notice any 2 stroke smell. I couldn't be happier. Plus, I own one of the last of a dying breed... It's kinda nostaligic...

(edit for spelling)

yukonpike

Cadet

I just bought a Suzuki 115 four stroke and what a great motor. The weight was a whole lot less than a similar Honda. It seems to get aroung 5 gph and the is with a jet instead of a prop. The boat that it runs on is a wooldridge alaskan that is a heavy boat for its size (durability). I have had a honda in the past and this motor is just as good.

yukonpike

Cadet

just reread the posrt befoe mine. Suzuki made johnsons for quitr a while.