Sellin' stuff

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
I thought the mods have always warned about trying to hype/sell your own products on this <br />board, yet when anyone asks a question about hydrofoils, N*******n always tells them to buy his smart tabs instead. :confused: ?????? :confused: Is this because iboats advertises/sells them for him on the site?<br />Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just curious.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Sellin' stuff

Maybe it's 'cause NJ has a reasonably priced product that is innovative, easy to install, and he personally helps his customers with any questions they may have. Since his product does not directly compete with iBoats stuff, I think it shows great character for iBoats to allow NJ to assist boaters in getting more enjoyment and value out the boats they own for such an affordable price. Thanks iBoats, and thanks NJ for helping me get much more satisfaction out of my boat :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

he's a biz partner with iboats and pays for the<br />right to advertise his products... besides, many<br />folks really need more than just a hydrofoil on<br />their boats.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm.<br /><br />Hard to believe that so many overlooked the animated ad for Smart Tabs that iboats ran in the upper left corner of the forums until the last few days.<br /><br />It is a good product at a good price, sold by iboats.<br /><br />There has never been a prohibition against promoting iboats offered products. :)

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

I have no doubt that the tabs are a great addition. I'm actually thinking about them for my own boat. (and I did notice the add JB, I mentioned iboats in my original post) Like I said....I was just curious. <br /><br />Nuff said<br /><br />Dave

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Hard to believe that so many overlooked the animated ad for Smart Tabs that iboats ran in the upper left corner of the forums until the last few days.
There are no animated ads or banners on the iBoats web site. They are victims of ad blocking software. :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

or could it be the fact that when I called John to buy mine, he told me that he didn't have any blemished tabs and that his price was more expensive than iBoats and instructed me to buy from iBOats....

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

To Dave and Anyone else who may have been offended by my response to posts.<br />Without excuses:<br />When you believe in a product, and do not have the multi million $ to conduct an advertising blitz, "word of mouth" becomes very important. This web site and it's forums are about as good as it gets in customer service and consumer participation in assiting other consumers. In the "passion of the moment" I have pushed the envelope on occassion, but not without an honest attempt at helping. <br /><br />The answers to question, advise, and recommendations are born out of experience over the years , and this product has been a real eductation for me personally. <br /><br />What is truly frustrating is the gross misconceptions about small boat handling and the fixes that many boat manufacturers and dealers offer as remedies to problems. I can not tell you how often I have heard "Our boats don't need trim tabs" and " our hull design is better, different, state of the art, etc". <br /><br />The buying public must not agree since Hydrofoils sell at the rate of about 250,000 units per year for the "purpose of improving the boats performance". Helm controlled trim tabs are selling by the thousands for smaller and smaller boats. We have sold thousands for smaller boats. This is in addition to the many thousands of Props that are sold in many cases just to cure handling issues.<br /><br />There is no fixed design hull that will perform effectively over the entire range of opperation. Each hull is designed for a specific purpose. MasterCraft fro skiing, Bass Boats for speed and fishing, Bow riders for more universal water sports, a barge for heavy loads.<br /><br />Adding additional fixed trim or plaining devises to a fixed hull simply alters the performance in one direction or another, but leaves other issues unanswered or worse. <br /><br />Adjusting the hull design is the only way to effectively improve and broaden the overall hull efficiency and performance. Trim Tabs do that, much in the same way as flaps on airplane wings.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good question and good answers. The only thing I have to add is that if you own a boat under 22' you owe it to yourself to buy a set of Smart Tabs from iboats to see for yourself what everyone is talking about! ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Do they make "Dumb tabs" for people like me?<br /><br />I would like to take this time to promote iboats.<br /><br />Thank you.

LadyFish

Admiral

Carpy, an answer to your problem might be to install smart tabs on your brain.
6.gif
<br /><br />We installed them and love the difference its made. :)

gonfishn

Commander

we are talkn about boats here aren't we Ladyfish..<br />my poor brain ain't seen smart tabs for a long time..Got burnt out in the 60s..lol

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Do they make "Dumb tabs" for people like me?<br />
You wouldn't want to mar that nice red paint job with a set of tabs carp. :D <br /><br />Maybe we could do something with your ears to keep you on plane and help you run true ;)

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

You guys are just waiting for me to hop in with some "dumb" remarks - It is sooooo hard to resist. I just can't! Guage Guy - there are no Dumb Tabs but you would be amazed how Smart you become with Smart Tabs. Ok now you have done it, I have to go to church and repent!