SEI Question

Spoke with a company that sells these because I had some questions. I am preparing for the worse assuming that the King Cobra on my 351 motor is to costly to fix. Anything over $750 I go with a new drive.

I was under the idea that SEI does not fit King Cobras. MIne is a 1992 cone clutch AMH King Cobra. According to the place I spoke, they said it would fit. That the main problem is Horse Power. Since my 351 does not do over 300HP I would be fine.

Does anyone know anything about this or have tried this?

Boat is a 1992 Four Winns Horizon 200.

Thanks

Noe

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: SEI Question

The SEI conversion will not fit your model King Cobra. Nothing will.
Your shift cable comes through the transom shield on the wrong side for the SEI conversiont, the bellows is different, the gimbal ring is different.
Remember one thing. There were 3 completely different drives called King Cobra. I would bet SEI only knows of 2 of them the dog clutch style and the SX, and both can be converted. But not yours.

zbnutcase

Commander

Your pretty much stuck fixing yours-IF you can find parts.

Thats what I assumed. Spoke to the old owner of the boat he told me that in the past it had happened to him where Neutral got stuck. Since the throttle is old. So will look into that on prop hub. If these aint it. then I take drive off.

Thanks

Noe