See where your money has traveled

Homerr

Commander
This is old news but somewhat new to me...<br /><br />I never pay much attention to various markings you find scribbled on dollar bills, however I noticed a web site stamped on a dollar I have:<br /><br /> http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ <br /><br />You can enter the serial number of that currency and find out where it has traveled (that's if prior owners of the bill log it in to the web site)<br /><br />Kinda neat!<br /><br />H.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: See where your money has traveled

I got one of those and checked it out. It originated in Oshkosh which is where I probably got it. I must've been it's first. :eek: <br /><br />I was hoping the serial number would win me the Grand Prize, but there ain't none. :( <br /><br />Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't altering currency a major felony? I know it's just a couple of red rubber stampings. But people have been prosecuted for less, I'm sure. Maybe the Treasury Department is curious too. :confused:

Homerr

Commander

I believe it is Willy... Altering it is a big no-no!<br /><br />H.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Funny, you should post this, as I just got a marked bill yesterday.<br /><br />I checked it out, and I was the second person to register it.<br /><br />The first person to register is looking for a lady 45+ years old, I hope he gets her. :D <br /><br />I gave it to the 8 yr old today for lunch money, I figured there are plenty of women 45+ yrs old in the school cafeteria. :D <br /><br />Ken

Bondo

Staff member

The website for Where's George was started a couple years ago by a student just up the road at a college in Canton, Ny.<br />It was in the local so-called Newspaper when he launched the site.........<br /><br />I'd forgotten all about it.......

KaGee

Admiral

I entered one and came up empty. Just my luck. :(

NYMINUTE

Captain

I thought all my dollars went to help my government make life better. So they lied to me?? I'm offeneded.