Seattle Fishing

kball

Cadet
Hey guys, <br />One of my wife's friends will be getting married in August in Seattle, so we will be flying out there. I am planning to go do a little fishing. We are camping a night in Olympic NP. I also plan to take a fishing charter. I am a midwest country boy who has fished all my life. But outside of some surf fishing and a charter in North Carolina, I have never fished saltwater. Here's my question... What will I need to bring, what kind of fishing will be the best in late August. I have a fly rod, but am not very proficient with it, (although I have plenty of time to practice) I am just looking for any info I can get to plan my trip. Also, can anyone recommend a Puget soud charter based in Seattle? <br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />M

lingcod

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Seattle Fishing

dude, what an awesome year to come to seattle.this is what we call a humpy year. every other year we get a run of pink salmon aka "humpies". we are expecting 2 million of these 4-10 pound salmon to come thru here in aug and sept. most fishing is done by trolling or mooching. as far as the flyrod goes, unless you want to mess around with the little trout we have here, don't bring it. I have heard good things about all star charters. do a search for charters out of everett,wa. this is where mostof the salmon fishing takes place in seattle. if you are going to be around port angeles then look up the charters there. <br /><br />lingcod

PacificNwest

Cadet

Well all I can say is if you make it onto the olympic pn you should take the time to head out to a town called sekiu and fish the morning bite as you wont get to sit or breath for the first 4 hours of fishing in august its a great fishing area. That time of the year its pretty much just salmon fishing .<br />Mark

riptide116

Seaman

you might want to bring mucho bucks for that outta state fishing license,other than that,fishing is great up here,sometimes on the rivers during fishing season I refer to it as "combat fishing" cuz you gotta elbow your way onto the river banks,out on the water working the troll can get crowded allso.<br /><br />if ya get a giant salmon with a hook n leader still in its lips,well that's mine,it was the one that got away from me.