Seat Cushion Removal 250CR

chasleeuw

Recruit
My boat is a 2007. I’m having trouble removing the port side “lounge” seat bottom cushion. it’s across from the helm station and has an aft facing seat back. I can’t figure out how it’s attached?. It’s directly over the cabin passageway to the aft sleeping compartment. The passageway has a headliner so I can’t tell if the cushion is through bolted without removing the headliner. I’m concerned about messing up that headliner. Does anyone know how this cushion is attached? I need to have the cushion recovered. Are there “clips” which can be triggered to release? Thanks anyone for taking the time to try and help.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
could be Z-clips. however as Ted mentions. Pics will help

chasleeuw

Recruit
Hi all, heres a picture …. It’s the bottom cushion. I’ll also post a pic of the underside of the cushion which is upholstered (headliner). Hoping that I don’t have to remove the headliner. No obvious way. I poked around the edges of the cushion and can’t feel any screws or clips. Thanks for taking the time!

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5

Fun Times

Staff member
Try removing (lifting up/out) the cup holders (or speaker) and see if the area is open to reach the seat cushion... If yes it looks like you can remove the speaker plastic speaker assembly as you can see the screws in the photo...Typically you may find the cushion has studs on the backside into the bottom of its wood base type material and hopefully one can reach the nuts to the bottom/backside via a hole of an accessory.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
If there are no screws under the drink holders

Look in the fold between the backrest and cushion for a vent grommet

Inside the vent grommet is usually a lock screw.

Remove the screw(s) and slide cushion forward

chasleeuw

Recruit
Hi Scott and Fun Times, I will give both of those techniques a try, hopefully tomorrow and let you know how it goes….

chasleeuw

Recruit
Hi Scott and Fun Times, I will give both of those techniques a try, hopefully tomorrow and let you know how it goes….

chasleeuw

Recruit
Ran out of time this season to deal with this. Boat had to be delivered to storage last Saturday so didn’t have much time to troubleshoot. Thanks for your inputs and hope someone out there has removed that “lounging” seat bottom from a 2007 Crownline 250CR. Thanks again

Scott Danforth

Staff member
going to assume 90% that there are Z-clips and flat clips. you can see the bolster flat clips in the pics and the seat back rest flat clips. (pull the screws out of the flat clips to slide the seat back up off the Z-clips.

bottom should be similar.