SeaRay prop pitch

I purchased a 97 SeaRay Sundancer(5.7, Alpha 1/Gen II) last year and the max speed was about 25-30mph at 4400 rpm. The current prop is a 19 pitch. Does anyone know what the original specs were for this boat regarding the prop and mph?? The motor has about 325 hours on it and runs well. I'm guessing to go down to a 17 pitch(possibly SS) but can anyone tell me what the difference between 3 and 4 blades would be? Thanks in advance.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: SeaRay prop pitch

Your choice to go to a 17" would be a good one...I think you'd be happier with over-all performance.<br /> As to 3 vs. 4 blade?????....You "may" have a better hole-shot, as this varies with boat types and weights. 4-blade is less efficient on that type of rig usually. A good 3 blade SS would be my recommendation, equipped with vent holes for best hole-shot, with no top-end loss.<br /> "Specs" for MPH is strictly a result of the efficiency of the prop being used, at a particular RPM.<br />p.s....Welcome to iboats.. :)

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: SeaRay prop pitch

17 pitch quick silver Mirage plus. Check ebay they have lots of nice used ones cheap!