SeaPro Owners Lets post here!

acidcrash

Recruit
Re: SeaPro Owners Lets post here!

I purchased a 2004 Sea Pro 180cc with a 04 Johnson 140 horse last year.

I am currently living in Okinawa and use the boat mainly to access outside reefs to surf. That being said, I have taken the boat out in some pretty heavy conditions and it has performed flawlessly. I do wish the boat had a little more "V" (duh). But, the shallow nature of the boat has also allowed be sneak across some very shallow reefs to access some beautiful beaches on flat days.

I run about 48MPH at 6000 rpms (WOT). Because I am always running in the open ocean, I rarely get to run it that fast.

I need to find a set of trim tabs for her as the four stroke engine really puts a lot of weight in the stern, and with a full load of 5 surfers and twice as many boards strapped to the T-top, she can be a bit stubborn about getting on plane.

I am getting a lot of rust stains recently from the salt air. Most of the rust is coming from the staples in the bottom of the seat cushions over the livewells. The stock grab rail over the center console is also leaving rust stains on theh console.

All in all, it is a good boat. It gives me a lot of confidence in large seas, and yet is still small enough to trailer around the narrow island streets so I don't have to spend half a day motoring around the southern and northern tips of the island.
view

Suprgrupr1

Recruit

Hey guys, just bought a 2006 176CC with a 2005 Mercury 90HP 4 stroke on a 2005 Road King Trailer. This was a boat I found on the internet where a guy was getting a divorce and had it on consignment at Marine Max in Gulf Shores. They ran the engine test and compression test and everything came out fine. They replaced the water/fuel separator, checked the lower unit for metal shavings (none) and everything else seems to be fine except for a few minor things which I'm going to see if you guys might be able to help.

My navigation light on the front is not working. I replaced the bulb and that did not work. I don't think I'm getting power there. On the dash where I flip the Nav switch, it's not lighting red like it does on the other switches. When I look under the dash, there's 8 "prongs" for various wires to hook into. 4 on the left and 4 on the right like this:

1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8

The numbering isn't on there, it's just my way to describe what I'm seeing. They all have wires attached to these prongs except position 6, it's open. IS this spot supposed to be "open" or is it possible a wire became detached and simply needs to be reconnected?

The second question is to do with the courtesy lights that run in the back. One works the other doesn't. Replaced the bulb in the nonworking one and it still doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

Other than that, love this boat. Grew up on the water getting certified at 13 for SCUBA while growing up in Bradenton, FL so spent many dives spearfishing and what not out there and down in the keys with a 5 year stay in Panama City Beach and now we're in Mobile, AL where we'll use this to bay fish.

Look forward to learning about you guys...

Fraydknot

Cadet

Suprgrupr1: I would remove the bulbs and if you have a test light or better a volt meter check the sockets to see if your getting 12vdc at the sockets. It might be as simple as some corrosion on the contacts. That goes for both the nav lt. and the courtsey light. As far as the light in the switch that bulbs might burnt as well, but I would check the circuirt breaker for the switch if it has one. Normally the input power is attached on the bottom side of those switches. I hope it helps.:):)

mjc1570

Recruit

I have a 1998 186DC sea Pro. Boat has been great, however, this winter, the front right windshield shattered. does anyone know how i can get the windshield specs? or better yet, do you know the exact measurements of the right windshield (non steering) side..

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mike

Nautical Girl

Recruit

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2001 Sea-Pro 180 CC with a 100 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I bought it used last year and like everyone else would like to have a copy of the owner?s manual for both. I?d appreciate a photocopy if anyone has it and will cover the cost.

I?m a woman boat owner that loves to fish and be out on the water. So far my SeaPro has been a great boat and I?m having good fun with it. Although, it would be a lot more fun if it would stop raining here on the NH coast.

I look forward to reading and learning more from these posts.

Sylvania

Cee Scape

Recruit
Re:1999 SeaPro 190cc

Re:1999 SeaPro 190cc

I also have a 190cc w/ mercury 125hp, gps,T-Top, radar and have little if any problems. I do however have some questions on it's sea worthyness. Since I fish offshore San Diego alone a lot. I know it is not advised but I love being out there by myself. I naturally take all the percautions. Giving my wife my float plan, etc. So far I've only ventured out 9 miles but in days like this where the yellowfin and dorado are out some 20 miles I'd like to run out to fishig grounds. I just woder how much weather the boat will take - anyone been caught in heavy seas? she seems to hold her own in 4-5 ft rollers. I'd loke to hear how everyone has faired.
MY other problem is the small livewells I'd like to remove the seats and install a 30 gal bait tank which would required cutting a hole in the deck in order to gain access to the nuts hold the chairs in place. Anyone done this?

bayrat126

Cadet

I bought a 2002 170cc in Dec of 06. 12 hours on boat, so it was practically new. Have had few problems. 90 hp Yamaha has been an awesome motor. Changed props from factory aluminum to a ss apollo. Not as fast, but will run 38 with four people and gear. Boat is somewhat a wet ride in rough water when loaded. Overall I have been quite pleased with this boat. Biggest complaint is lack of information (model specific) in owners manual.

dbailey21

Recruit

I am the proud owner of a 2006 206DC, brought brand new in April 2006. It is equipped with a Mercury 150hp Verado, bimini top, Humminbird GPS/Fishfinder. I fish in the Chesapeake Bay, I just love this boat. I have gotten up to 48 mph top speed. Gas mileage is great.

The only problem I have had since owning the boat, is that my battery goes dead after sitting for a week. Other than that, it is a great boat.

Fraydknot

Cadet

dbailey, were in the cheasy do you fish, I hit the choptank area. Sound like you have something hot (drawing current) make sure if you have a auto bilge you dont have a float stick just little. or take a ohm meter and check the load side of the switches (with everything off) make sure there no power getting thru, just a thought.:)

CSD82

Cadet

I bought a 1992 Sea Pro 210 WA las year. Has small I/O which runs fine. There is a problem with the ignition whereas the fuse burns out after I have the boat idling for a while or travelling at lowest trolling speed for a period of time, then place it in neutral then back into forward or reverse. The fuse burns out at the point when I place it back in gear. Then the boat won't start until I replace the fuse. The fuses are right there on the instrument panel next to their respective switches. Had one boat electrician go thru it and the problem still exists after cleaning/replacing terminals etc. Any one else experiencing similar?

CSD82

Cadet

Sorry, I meant a 1997 Sea Pro (with the igintion problem), not a 1992.

bayrat126

Cadet

On 12V dc electrical circuits the ground is extremely important. I would check all your ground connections and terminals for anything loose or corroded. A bad ground can cause high resistance on the circuit and blow fuses. It is also a good idea to clean all spade terminals and apply an anti corrosion gel.