Seaman's sucks

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Back in April my wife and I bought furniture from Seaman's. We had been looking around for new livingroom and basement furniture and Seamans was having a sale. We found what we were looking for and bought a reclining loveseat, queen sofa bed and reclining chair in leather for the basement. This is Berkline brand because the door to the basement is only 32 inches wide and the Berkline furniture have removable backs. A really nice feature when you want to get it through a doorway. For the family room a 5 piece lether sectional with reclining seats and sleeper. (yeah, I know we got a lot of sleepers).<br /><br />We scheduled delivery for today, that way I would have time to finish the basement before taking the furniture. To prepare my wife rented the carpet cleaner and we stacked up the furniture in the dining room and moved the old sofa and loveseat from the family room into the dining room. Looks like a store room now. She cleaned the family room carpet and everything was ready for this mornings delivery.<br /><br />Last night I get a call from the warehouse saying that the sleeper sofa was damaged and would not be delivered. I said OK, send the rest of the stuff. This morning the rest of the furniture shows up. I find out that Seamans is closing so I doubt that I will get a replacement sofa to match the restof the set. So I tell them not to unload the rest of the set, but just unload the 5piece sectional. They do and put the pieces in the driveway where they unpack them for inspection. <br /><br />We knew there was a problem because my wife heard the driver and assistant talking in Spanish about how the sectional was damaged. She told me this so we start checking the pieces and the whole back of one piece is smashed in, splintered wood frame, bent springs, bent recliner mechanism. Looks like the forklift went through it rather than under.<br /><br />So we tell them to pack it all up and leave. I call Seamans to get my deposit back (payment was due in full in 6 months). They don't offer any appology and tell me to see the store for my refund. And they are closing. Good-bye.<br /><br />What really angered me was it took a long time to find leather furniture we liked and was well made. Now we have to start looking all over again. Maybe I'll just order from one of those North Carolina furniture discount houses. <br /><br />What a waste of our time, and now it will be months before we get furniture delivered. <br /><br />If Seaman's was having a sale because they were closing, they should have made that clear. They still won't admit it, but the warehouse told me that everything is being liquidated because Seamans is being bought by Levits.<br /><br />Monday I'm going to the store to get my deposit back. Hopefully, the store will still be there.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Seaman's sucks

Find out the brand of the furniture and start calling around, another dealer may have it.<br /><br />Ken

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

hi,mark, got the nj state gov page for consumer protection and do some homework, before you go to the store, if you bought in nj, and if you paid by credit card make a dispute claim with them, you have time limits and april to now might be pushing it.

crab bait

Captain

seaman's ,,just the name leaves a bad taste-in-my-mouth..