seadoo xp 1997

MARISKA

Recruit
Hallo everyone!
My name is Cristian.i have a skijet seadoo xp, 787, 110 hp engine, year 1997,and I have problems with the ignition.Enter key and hear two beeps,Click the button Start and electric motor spins, but does not start engine.VTS is running, the fuses are good.Not to spark plugs!I cleaned the contacts of plugs, I changed the coil.What can I try?I am waiting some information from you.Thanks!
PS.Sorry for my English.

CrestII

Seaman Apprentice
Re: seadoo xp 1997

Does the engine turn over or does the starter just spin? If the starter does not engage it could need replaced. I replaced mine on my 96 xp800 few years ago. Also in the box beside the battery look for cororsion or anything that might have a bad connection.

MARISKA

Recruit

All connections are checked 3 times.Connect the battery, ground wire, wire MPEM and fuses.I checked everything!Starter is OK,engine does not start. I think I need to MPEM!:mad:

dazedee

Recruit

this happened to me a few weeks ago.my mate sold me the ski recently and told me the starter had been changed,but im not sure.i put a broom handle down through the engine onto the starter and gave it a few taps.its been ok since.hope this helps.DAZ.

hypersniper

Banned

pull the starter and check it by connecting a battery or battery charger to it , black to the body of the starter and red to the bolt where the red wire connects to it. if the starter spins but oes not throw oout then its a ba dstarter or your battery is not good enough to fully operate the starter. hope this helps. and as always NEVER connect a battery charger to a battery thats in a ski or you could fry the mpem.