SeaBreacher...what a scream!

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: SeaBreacher...what a scream!

Yeah, it's been around for awhile. Would get hot inside the canopy, and juping out of the water is fine, but that landing will jar you pretty hard. It's basically a jet ski with an enclosed cockpit. I'll take the jet ski by itself, personally, which I can submarine just the same.

southkogs

Staff member

It does look fun, but I think as a rental. I think it'd kinda' lose it's thrill after a few rides.

Now if you could launch off the dock, submerge and run under water out into the lake to start scaring the fishermen ... well, that might have a little more appeal :eek:

haulnazz15

Captain

It does look fun, but I think as a rental. I think it'd kinda' lose it's thrill after a few rides.

Now if you could launch off the dock, submerge and run under water out into the lake to start scaring the fishermen ... well, that might have a little more appeal :eek:

Lol, it's all fun 'n' games until you surface ten feet in front of the 38' Cigarette Top Gun running 100+mph!

southkogs

Staff member

Lol, it's all fun 'n' games until you surface ten feet in front of the 38' Cigarette Top Gun running 100+mph!
... hmmmm, I wonder who's technically the burdened vessel while surfacing a sub?

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

... hmmmm, I wonder who's technically the burdened vessel while surfacing a sub?

If you have to wonder about it, you probably shouldn't be driving a submersible.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

really interesting .... did a bit of looking and while it isn't mentioned on their home page, I did find a couple of sites where the $65,000 neighborhood was mentioned ..:eek:

Jim

1ArmBandit

Seaman

my thoughts exactly lol

or go for a dive straight into a tree or some rocks.....

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

as I watched the video I couldn't help but think back to a while back when that navy atomic sub surfaced like that and sank a Japanese fishing boat ..:facepalm:

Jim

southkogs

Staff member

If you have to wonder about it, you probably shouldn't be driving a submersible.
Fair 'nuff ... ain't got one anyway :rolleyes:

The Submarine is always the give way vessel.
They need to know the location of all surface vessels before surfacing.
Collisions get real Ugly!
I remember that wreck. That makes sense.

Never thought about it before.