Sea Ray Fuel tank dimensions

omurchadha07

Recruit
Hi.,I am new to the forum,but not new to iboats.com.I would like to post a question about a fuel tank issue.I have a 1972 Sea Ray srv 190(closed bow) I/O,and I am planning on replacing the existing(old/dirty/gummy/clogged)fuel tank.I was hoping that someone may have or know of someone who has one of these boats and may know what the dimensions of the fuel tank would be?I believe it has the 18 gallon fuel tank.I am looking to order a replacement tank asap,I have the boat shrink wrapped and stored at the moment,so getting into the boat to measure the tank is not an option at the moment.If any fellow sea ray owners know of any web sites that may be helpful any/all info. would be greatly appreciated!Thanks.signed:waiting for summer!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sea Ray Fuel tank dimensions

SeaRay has a website with lots of info about their older boats. See if your's is listed. if so, they will tell you the capacity of the fuel tank, however, that is not enough info to order one. The absolute best approach is to measure the current tank and order the closest stock tank you can find. SeaRay will likely have used a standard tank, so you might be able to replace it exactly.

BTW - my 19' SR from 1988 had a 35Gal aluminum tank.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Almost all boat manufacturers do not manufacture their own tanks. They sub them out. The tank manufacturers put a data plate near the fill hole to the tank indicating the model, capacity, etc. Call them with this info. and order an exact replacement.

tpenfield

Staff member

Keep in mind that with a boat of that age it may already be on its second tank . . . no telling what is in there now from a dimensional standpoint. Your best bet for a proper fit would be to pull the tank and get some direct measurements.

Tanks below 55 gallons tend to be standard sizes and generally stocked rather than custom made. So, the cost should be lower.

omurchadha07

Recruit

Thanks,for all the help with the fuel tank!,I geuss I will just have to wait a bit longer and measure the tank when I open her up for spring!Thanks,again everyone that responded,it is very much appreciated!