Sea Ray 240 Sundeck vs. Chapperal 236 Sunsetta?

Geardaddy

Cadet
Fellas..

looking at buying a used Boat.. We are looking at Chapparal 236 Sunsetta (2004 vintage), and the Sea Ray 240 Sundeck.. Looking for some advice on which boat is better for whatever reason.. The Sea Ray has the 6.2L 320HP, and the sunsetta has 270HP(volvo).. Is the Sunsetta going to be underpowered at all for pulling a skier and a few others on the boat?

My understanding is that Sea Ray deck boats do a decent job in slightly rougher water as the hull is the same as a sea ray bowrider.. Is this the same for the Chapparrel? Also the Chapparrel only has a single prop, the Sea Ray has a dual counter rotating system.. Is this a big deal? Boats are close in price.. thanks for your input!!

John.

magster65

Commander
Re: Sea Ray 240 Sundeck vs. Chapperal 236 Sunsetta?

Sounds like a no-brainer... even though I'm obviously biased. They're both nice boats and probably ride quite similarly but the Sea Ray has a duo-prop and more power. That'd be a fairly big advantage with the watersports... plus you'll most likely find the Sea Ray has a better resale.

Cheers!

John too

SteveRay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Honestly....I am biased but I like the "v hull" of the Sundeck.
The 5.7 might be a bit of a dog when loaded.
Can't go wrong with the Sundeck.....Pm me for some more info. I can point ya in the right direction.

SteveRay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are hte boats equipped comparably besides the engines?
How bout hours?