Sea Pro closing

Donnyf

Cadet
Sea Pro is a great high quality boat, I cant understand their closing. I have noticed that they did not advertise much . At last winters boat show in NYC the Trophy dealer had a 206 dc just like mine but it said "Trophy" on it. If you go to Trophy's web site you will see the 206dc & 22 ft . same boat with another name on it. I don't know the other boats well enough to tell if trophy has picked them up. Also saw a Bay liner 206 dc , same boat with out some of the higher end eq. like a rubber rub rail instead of the stainless steel one on the Sea Pro .I guess they are trying to use the plant for other manufacturer that are owned by Brunswick corp. I mean you have a large boat building plant you might as well build boats? Just wished they moved up into a better class then Bay-liner, Who knows may bee they will- I gotta go check Boston whalers web page now.

Re: Sea Pro closing

My assumption from what I heard (read that as having a high probability of being incorrect) was that they were going to build boats they have orders for. I don't recall any advertising, as they relied heavily on dealers to handle that for them. I think they wanted to get away from having stock on hand. If all this is true, I would expect them to languish for a while longer before shuttering their operations.

I've had quite a few rides on a 230 WA, very nice boat for the money. I would've had a Sea Pro if my wife wasn't prejudiced against "fishing" boats!​