Sea Pro 210 WA Fuel Tank Location

stevemcbo

Recruit
I have a 1996 Sea Pro 210 WA. I bought the boat second hand. I am experiencing a non operable fuel gauge. The problem seams to be in the sending unit. When I bought the boat there was an area of the deck that had a floor patch just behind the two seats and in front of the engine cover. I can't locate an inspection hatch. Does anyone know where the tank is located? Or, even better where the sending unit acess hatch should be?

GALMUKOFFMARINE

Recruit
Re: Sea Pro 210 WA Fuel Tank Location

I have a 1996 Sea Pro 210 WA. I bought the boat second hand. I am experiencing a non operable fuel gauge. The problem seams to be in the sending unit. When I bought the boat there was an area of the deck that had a floor patch just behind the two seats and in front of the engine cover. I can't locate an inspection hatch. Does anyone know where the tank is located? Or, even better where the sending unit acess hatch should be?
Howdy, Stevemcbo
I own the same boat and have been repairing boats for a living for 38 yrs.
The fuel tank sits right on the center line of your boat from just forward of your engine hatch and extends forward. The fuel fill and sender unit are on center line of the tank as well.
It sound like your deck core had rotted out like so many of them do and when they patched the deck they neglected to re-install the access plates over the sender unit and the fuel fill.
Your fuel deck fill is on the starboard side of your boat, correct? Following it down from its location directly in a straight line to the center of your deck is where it is located. Your fuel sender will be just aft of that about a foot or so.
I cannot give you an accurate measurement as mine is an outboard model and yours sounds like an I/O model?

The decks are a balsa core, and SeaPro was stupid by not making sure that any penetrations were installed waterproof, so the balsa would get wet and then rot out leaving the owner with squishy decks. They brag about having rot proof Klegecell foam core transoms but then go, and cheap out by using balsa wood core decks. Stooopit!