Sea King need info

dlh

Recruit
I aquired an older 9.6 hp Seaking outboard and would like to know who made it, when it was made, the proper oil/fuel ratio, and where I can find either parts or manuals for it (online preferred)? I has a broken throttle arm, a broken ring just in front of the propeller, and the housing at that same point (the lower housing just in front of the propeller) is broken also

The info on the tag is as follows:

Sea King
BHP=9.6
Model#VWB27009A 07X
Serial#12538

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sea King need info

Your motor is based on the 70-71 Chrysler 9.9.Model 92.Parts will be hard to come by.You might watch ebay for a good lowerunit Or try Twincity outboardfs.Fairwinds Marina does Chrysler parts.

seakingbob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Need some info.I have a 1969 Sea King 14' boat .Picked it up for a good price ,needs little work and I was wondering about motors for it.
How big of a motor can it handle?

Chris102979

Recruit

I have a 15 ft Starcraft about the same year (68-70) and I didn't have a rating tag on mine either for how big of a motor I can run on it. A local marina surgested that I can go up to a 40 HP max. Hope that this helps.

CATransplant

Admiral

Need some info.I have a 1969 Sea King 14' boat .Picked it up for a good price ,needs little work and I was wondering about motors for it.
How big of a motor can it handle?

Your boat was made by Starcraft. If you go to www.fiberglassics.com, and go to the Starcraft section, you'll be able to see the 1969 brochure. Look for the boat that's like yours and you'll find the hp rating. If it's the Sea Samp, and looks something like the one in my signature, it's rated for 18 hp.