Sea King 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEGAangler

Seaman
I recently acquired a 7.5 hp Sea King (model k700 2107A). I've got a few questions: does anyone know the best fuel ratio to run? I've seen on several forums that some recommend as low as 25:1 but I've also found a sales brochure for these motors (several very similar to mine but my model wasn't on it) that says 50:1. Secondly, how does the nuetral/fwd switching work? From what I can see it appears all the switch does is lock the plate to limit throttle travel.

SEGAangler

Seaman
I meant to specify that mine doesn't shift into nuetral; it's always in gear. Not the end of the world but very curious how it operates and IF I can repair it that'd be great

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
50:1 is what I ran mine at. Its a Clinton motor. Spin it 180 degrees for reverse.

SEGAangler

Seaman
Thank you for the ratio; switching to nuetral is what I'm wondering about. Mine is engaged in gear and cannot /will not switch to nuetral. Start and go isn't really a big problem but if I can fix it correctly that'd be even better

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a copy of the manual for both clinton and eska. The eska used the lower end of clinton motors on theirs. According to the manual you have a neutral clutch cam and lever. If you message me your email address I will send you a copy. Ive owned 3 of these types of motors they are great little gems and run good. I would also check the foot lube. Its a SAE 90 but I used synthetic 90W from Wallyworld

PapJones

Recruit
The K700 2107A is 7 hp - Sea King Montgomery Ward Clinton engine from about 1973. I have one and am working on it right now. Only has neutral and forward. The shift connector on your motor must be out of adjustment or missing.

dcsanders

Recruit
The K700 2107A is 7 hp - Sea King Montgomery Ward Clinton engine from about 1973. I have one and am working on it right now. Only has neutral and forward. The shift connector on your motor must be out of adjustment or missing.

dcsanders

Recruit
Help. I have the same motor and today the lever to shift from neutral to forward came of and fell in the lake, it's gone. The motor still runs and prop spins. Do I need this and is it fixable?

Status
Not open for further replies.