sea foam

sehoner

Cadet
hey guys i read a FAQ on sea foam and it sounds to me like I'm supposed to use the entire 16oz can in one gallon of gas, then run it through the motor.

am i correct in my assumption?

thanks,
Rich.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: sea foam

Mix in a portable tank 3/4 gallons of premix gas, and 3/4 can of seafoam, (assuming you don't have the vro connected). Put the remaining seafoam in a spray bottle, run the motor up to temperture, remove the plugs, one at a time, spray some seafoam into each cylinder and replace plug. Let it sit 15 minutes, remove the air silencer from the carb while waiting, restart motor, and spray seafoam into each carb, until it start to stall. Repeat until the seafoam is gone. Run out the remaining gas. It will smoke like it is on fire, and drip goo on the ground. Replace the plugs with new ones. TD told me about this procedure.

moser42

Seaman

is that 3/4 gallons of gas mean 3 or 4 gallons? or 3/4(3quarters) of one gallon?
Thanks.

tjl76evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it works well and yes it will smoke like somethings wrong but thats just the goo leaving the motor.

you can put the sea foam into a spray bottle or buy a can of sea foam "deep creep", i dont know if they do anything different to it or not, but its normal sea foam in a aerosol can to make it good for carbs and such.

it has pretty good insructions on the bottle. for routine fun i just spray it into the carb until it starts to bog, run it a little then stall it out by spraying it into the carb till it dies. let it sit for a few minutes and get ready for a smoke show.

sehoner

Cadet

ya so i did all that and it was a no-go.

i used 1 gal of gas, 3 oz of oil, and 12oz of seafoam.

the motor started and ran for about 5 seconds then died and nothing i tried could get it to start back up. changed plugs, cleaned plugs, switched gas tanks, etc etc.

after the seafoam it wouldnt even start using the regular gas mix (no added sea foam).

fuel filter was cleaned before i started. new gas line hose and bulb. any suggestions?

bgbass.1

Chief Petty Officer

the seafoam could have loosened something junk in carb. and pluged up take carb off and clean or better yet buy a rebuild kit