Sea Eagle FKS16 Year End Review

Papa-t

Seaman Apprentice
So, thought I would give a year end review of the FishSkiff16. My original post when I ordered and after I had taking it to the coast fishing can be read here: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/going-over-to-inflatables.752929/. So, took the FKS16 to the coast in April and October for a month each time. The boat fished flawless with absolutely no complaints. Since we Camp right on the sound, putting the boat in and taking out was easy with the two wheel cart. The 6HP Mercury worked perfect with the boat allowing us to go in as little as 6” of water. We fished the sound going out 4-5 miles. Unfolding and folding was easy with my wife helping. The only complaint was while folding up at the end of our October trip, I noticed the transom board had rubbed two places on the inside of the inflatable. See pictures attached. I contacted Sea Eagle when we returned home and sent them the pictures. Sea Eagle shipped my boat back to the company for inspection. Then after a week I was contacted again by Sea Eagle and told they were sending me a brand new replacement. Now the new replacement was the new improved FKS 16 which is 20 lbs. lighter than its predecessor. Weighing in at just 92 lbs. versus the previous 112 lbs. It's also incredibly stronger due to the fusion welding process and much easier to fold and pack up. The transom on the new FKS16 doesn’t rub or touch either of the insides. So, all in all I have to say that Sea Eagle is a top notch company that stands behind their boats. I also am building a break down boat trailer to take with me on my April trip. Allowing me to transport the boat to different places on the coast where we use to haul our kayaks to and fish. I’ll make a post on the trailer when I finish. C00C8F85-7065-41D4-82C1-9E871AAC1F46.jpeg7255188D-CD27-4291-BAD5-CB00D10B7D97.jpeg

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
We had a Sea Eagle 12.6 for two fun filled seasons. We loved it and went on 18 to 20 adventures a season. Then I had surgery, bummer. Convinced my boating years were done I sold it to a friend, who only used it 4 times last year, really? 🙄 So, I'm doing much better now and miss being on the water and just made him an offer to buy it back! If he says no, I'm going to buy another one. Best bang for the buck, IMHO.

Attachments

• 3172019104921.jpg
    3172019104921.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Papa-t

Seaman Apprentice
Finished my trailer build. Breaks down into three pieces. The axel and wheels section will be carried in the receiver on the rear of the fifth wheel camper. Wired a four prong trailer connector on the rear of the 5er so I can plug the inflatable axel section up so the rear lights work tandem with the camper. Long center piece will be carried inside the camper and the front short piece with the folding wheel and 2” hitch will be on the back of the truck. Will use ratchet straps fixed to four D-rings to hold the FKS16 on the trailer. Tires are rated at 62MPH. Probably realistically I’ll only drive at 45-50MPH while at Hatteras. Axel and spindles rated at 2500 Lbs.4D2ED7D0-F9AE-416E-821E-CEA424FBEA7E.jpeg30A0BA1D-3ECA-420E-BCC9-42281A1CA67A.jpegEA0AF8FF-2D6F-47CD-9671-BFE8801B3A4C.jpeg