Sea Doo Purchase

mwhitten

Seaman Apprentice
I'm getting close to purchasing a 2008 Sea Doo 215 RXT. I welcome any comments or prior experience. I'm 50 and still have a need for speed.

liquidlew

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sea Doo Purchase

Oh you'll get speed alright, but for how long? Stick around and you'll be hearing the headaches of owning a Seadoo. I've helped out more than my fair share of broken down seedoos on the river and have a relative who had 2 late 90's GTX's, nothing but trouble. I have 3 mid 90's Yamahas, still running strong, never a breakdown or malfunction, 'cept for sucking up weeds now and then. Seadoos are fun, I've ridden one, but so are my Yamis and I would rather have reliablity than a few more hp. Is the one you are planning to buy have the closed cooling system? Heard horror stories on those too. Good luck!

JUSTINTIME

Captain

got one in the shop right now
no sparky on 2 plugs
has 60hrs on them

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

just wait a little longer// with the price of fuel those will probably be for sale cheap everywhere right along with all the other sea doo supercharged skies..
I just heard that on the new sea doo sc ic skies when the damn maintenance warning comes on they go to limp mode and stay there till you pay a dealer to turn off the light,, they use premium fuel and love to suck it down,, if that doesn't bother you go for it.. I have a sea doo 4 tec that has had the maintenance and the check engine warning flashing forever,, cant get a fault code and no one knows why the check engine is on,, since it runs fine I just ignore it,, and the pump issues never seem to go away,, lost count on how many times I have replaced impellers liners pump bearings and drive shafts. I keep a spare complete pump assembly on hand for a quick change when the pump starts to cavitate.