Scout Leaders in Virgina

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Prior to the Jamboree taking place in Virgina, 4 scout leaders were putting up a large mess tent. The pole struck a power wire, now 4 of them are dead. The 5th one survived because his son pulled him to saftey.<br /><br />Three of them were from Alaska and the other was from Perrysville Ohio. I did get a chance to meet this great man. He would bring his troop down to the lake for outings. He will be missed at the lake and in the area. Many prayers for his family and close friends.

KRS

Banned
Re: Scout Leaders in Virgina

If all 4 were from a small town, the impact is significant to loose 4 men.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The other 3 were from Alaska. The one from Perrysville had left Ohio to Alaska several years ago and had just moved back about 2 years ago. So they all knew each other.

NYMINUTE

Captain

An unforunate loss. Too bad the lightning spared pedafiles.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I'm a Scoutmaster. That accident is felt by all in the Souting family. My prayers are with the loved ones of those killed. A terrible, terrible loss.

goatherder

Seaman Apprentice

Throughout my involvement with scouting I've almost never been on an outing without my kids. I can't imagine what the Scout Troop went through losing four leaders, who were almost certainly fathers to some of the boys. Our prayers go out to them.