Scout Boats Scupper problems

pmaduri

Recruit
Hello Scout Boat owners,<br />My Scout Abaco 242 has a big problem with the scuppers.If I have two men standing on the back the deck floods and i have to put in scupper plugs. A full tank of gas and a full live well make it worse. I never fill my tank all the way! I have run into two other 242 abaco owner having the same problem. Scout really screwed up on this boat. Some are much worst than others. There maybe a class action law case possibly. Please contact me if you have this same problem and give me your address. Scout has tried to fix the problem on many occasions with no success. I sugest any one with this problem to put in a strong complaint with your dealer, the problem gets worse as the boat ages. Check your swim platforms they maybe flooded!<br /><br />Thanks <br /> <br />Paul Maduri<br />92 Satuit Meadow lane<br />Norwell Ma 02061<br />Home phone 781-659-1558<br />Fax 781-659-4499<br /><br />Office 617-232-3972<br />Office fax 617-734-9513

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Scout Boats Scupper problems

My ProLine 190 CC does the same thing- if I and my passenger stand in the rear of the boat, water will come in through the floor drains. I use stoppers for most of the time and that prevents that. When I want to drain the floor, I pop out the stoppers and let it run out. <br /><br /> I've been in a number of boats that do this. Is it that unusual?<br /><br />UFM82

mattttt25

Commander

several boat manufacturers, including the high end types, have this problem. it's getting worse with the size of these new outboards. they slap as much as possible on the back end, causing the stern to sink too much. robalo has the same problem with their 26 footer when they throw twin f225's on it.

D

DJ

Not unusual at all in any self bailing boat with rubber flap scuppers. "Self bailing" and dry, in the same sentence is an oxymoron. If you are concerned about making the situaion better, see below. Otherwise "lawyer up" for a case you will lose, for good reason.<br /><br />You have to know what you have, before blaming someone else.<br /><br />Sea Choice makes a "ball" type, availble here on iboats. See link.<br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cg...scupper&**********=88156706&*******=446182360 <br /><br />Or, try the "ball" scuppers from Flow Max. Part# FMS-1-0.<br /><br />They're available at West Marine (WM part#-1930353)<br /><br />www.westmarine.com

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Boat topic.