Scott atwater 16hp

I have what i think is a 1956 Scott Atwater 16 hp outboard. Any suggestions on a fuel tank fitting for this engine? I bought the engine without a tank and I cannot locate a fitting to put on the fuel line from the tank to engine.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Scott atwater 16hp

If you give us the model number we can tell the year.
I think I would adapt it to the very common and reasonable OMC single line fittings. If you want to be original watch ebay Check with langs outboards
TC outboards or ask at www.aomci.org I'm sure you will need a model number.
First year production was 1950 ran through 58.

I dont need it to be original, so adapting it to another brand is fine. What all is involved in doing that? The stock connection appears to be very similar to the old style Mercury push and twist connector.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

No rule that you have to keep the old connector mounted to the motor, or use a connector there at all...some people plumb the fuel line direct, and have only one quick release connector where the line plugs in at the tank. If you want a quick connect on the motor, use the brand/style you like...make sure it can mount securely.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Any fuel fitting can be made to work. Since your going to have to buy a tank and hose and if you want new your pretty much stuck with OMC or Merc fittings. I think that a Merc fitting would work the best as there is probably room to screw it into the mounting bracket. I used an OMC on mine because I had it but I had to make it extra long so I could screw it in without hittng the tiller handle (or else remove the whole assembly and do it right).

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Any fuel fitting can be made to work. Since your going to have to buy a tank and hose and if you want new your pretty much stuck with OMC or Merc fittings. I think that a Merc fitting would work the best as there is probably room to screw it into the mounting bracket. I used an OMC on mine because I had it but I had to make it extra long so I could screw it in without hittng the tiller handle (or else remove the whole assembly and do it right).

Ask The Scott Guy
http://www.scottatwaterinfo.com/