Schematic - Any ideas for an inexpensive GPH meter?

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer
Schematic (or anyone else), you may have already done up something for this in the past, but I would like to make me an inexpensive fuel flow measurement guage. I can't see paying $100 to $300 for a small sensor and an indicator if it is not going to be permanent on the boat.<br /><br />I would be initially be measuring fuel for a 50 HP Mariner (4-stroke), so my GPH flow would be between 0 to 5 gph. I have 5/16' fuel lines, and I know most impeller style sensors need to be calibrated to the fuel line diamenter.<br /><br />I would not leave it permanently installed on the boat, so that I could use it on other boats as needed, to help friends out. I'd probably power it either by internal battery, or use a 12 volt plug on the boat.<br /><br />Any ideas welcome.

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Schematic - Any ideas for an inexpensive GPH meter?

This is cheap and accurate......not sure if its good for fuel, but appears to be....And theres no electronics!!!!! Careful on your selection......convert GPM > GPH<br /><br />web page<br /><br />
flow2.jpg

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Schematic - Any ideas for an inexpensive GPH meter?

they also have this style at the website, but you'd have to contact them to see if they have a low enough volume unit....<br /><br /><br />web page<br /><br />
flow.jpg