Scheduled Maintenance

victorc1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again, I bought a 1996 Monterey 180 SCR with a 3.0 GMC motor and a Mercruiser Alpha One (learned this here reading the posts). I need to know if somebody can tell me where I can find the scheduled maintenance for example when to change oil, filters, belts, lubricants, timing chain etc. The boat didn't come with the manual.

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: Scheduled Maintenance

If you go to the "adults only" section you can pull a manual that covers all scheduled maintenance for your engine and drive.

Welcome to iboats :)

ziggy

Admiral

the service manual is the ticket for sure. very concise..
in lieu of that the adults only sticky thread has summerization and winterization info in them. pretty much preventive maint. threads..

victorc1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I checked there and downloaded everything there is for the Mercruiser Alpha One, but I didn't see any type of scheduled maintenance for the motor which is a 3.0 GMC. Also I live in Puerto Rico, its summer here all year round.

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

Look in the engine manual, not the sterndrive manual.

soaringhiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How big of job is it to replace the impeller? A few hours? pull the lower gear case like an outboard?

Thanks

opps sorry I put this on the wrong post!:redface::redface:

victorc1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay, what I would like to know is how many hours of usage before I have to change the motor oil and filter, the gas filter, spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap, transmission oil, grease the transmission and links? Preventive maintenance and whats to be done.