SBC to buy AT&T

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: SBC to buy AT&T

Good move.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

It seems like we're going full circle, different decade or century of course, but ain't we been there before?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Buy, sell, trade Whatever. It keep the sign makers in business if nothing else. :eek:

f_inscreenname

Commander

Telecom is not what it used to be back in the day. Either some consolidation happens or they will be worse off then the airlines sooner then later. A good move. It is strange for a “baby bell” to eat up “ma bell”. I wonder if they will change the name and if so to what. ATT or SBC????

eeboater

Commander

Interesting Move. SBC was a division of ATT before the breakup way back when. Now the baby is taking over the Daddy.<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am always skeptical of all large company mergers. Usually they end up being "murders", not mergers.<br /><br />Usually they are only done solely to improve stock price, and the promised synergies rarely materialize. Cost savings through job cuts last about 6 months until they realize half the people they laid off really were necessary. Then they have to re hire and re train at twice the cost of the original savings.<br /><br />Yes, I am a pessimist. :D <br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

????? Will wait and see what happens, but I think it will be a good move in the long run.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

I wish verizon was getting att instead of the anti labor mci. att is already organized and respectable. <br /> Momma said to always speak in the positive

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> It seems like we're going full circle, different decade or century of course, but ain't we been there before?
I couldn't have said any better.