Saturn Red Hull HB385?

ExplorGM

Cadet
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? Red hulled HB385? It was advertised as a 12' but all of the current models that use 385 in the model # are 13'. I measured it out at 12' from bow to the end of the pontoons. Its fully inflatable with an aluminum floor. Curious if it is indeed supposed to be a 13'?

Also possibly looking for an air floor to fit. I've reached out to Saturn for this. It only gets 20mph with a 20hp Mercury and looking to lighten it up. I still have the aluminum seats. It has a center console seating and steering taken from a jetski but tiller throttle. Either looking to move the throttle to the steering area or remove the whole thing and the aluminum floor and go to air floor to cut weight. Probably 100lbs could be removed in total. It also has

We have a slight leak in the transom area. What type of adheasive is recommended for this and for items that are detaching from the tubes? (rod holders etc...)

Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hello,

This question was asked before :https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...-an-inflatable

With the Sib measurement procedure check which real lenght is your inflatable. Just curious, report your findings if being a 12 or 13 footer Sib. If having ungluing issues on the transom and on tubes it's a bad symptom, how old is the Sib, does the tech plate attached to transom states a manufacturing date, if so which year ?

The glue on all inflatables are not eternal will deteriorate over time and use, will depend mostly on the quality of the glue used, under inflation will stress anything glued on tubes.

Personally would not have bought it unless offered gratis as will need to invest time, money gluing back whatever part will inevitably become unglued..Can you post some nice pics to have a look including the parts that want to dump from deck..

Happy Boating

ExplorGM

Cadet
Thanks! I read that post before posting here. Unfortunately the boat is in the slip with our Aquarius 23 currently so measuring in that way is not possible until we move it again. Kids are having too much fun with it now to take it out... Saturn did finally respond and they say it is a 13' model. They have not said whether they have an air floor. They did say they have the aluminum seats, which I already have and the wheels, which I don't need as I have a trailer.

Last edited:

ExplorGM

Cadet
[No message]

Attachments

• photo331805.jpg
    photo331805.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo331806.jpg
    photo331806.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 4