Saturday morning work

bubbakat

Captain
just some more fun for bubba<br />
f9347478.jpg
f9347450.jpg
<br /><br />Figure out what the fella is doing :D <br />My oldest and her two spoiled brats :D <br />Spring time brings more then fishing for me and my family

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Saturday morning work

Castrating a young bull??? :confused: :D :( <br /><br />Shame on you bubba for not using a headgate :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

He is using a headgate, and that IS what he is doing. Looks like oysters for breakfast MMMM Good Eatin ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

No oysters for a while Neumanns :( They just put a rubber band on there and then ya have to wait a week ar so. By then they aint much good for consumption. :D :D

gonfishn

Commander

Didn't recognize you with your hat off Bubba. Do you serve those with grits or country ham? Take it ya never made it to Collins River..

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Flathead, Having casterated a few critters myself it is a mixed feeling using bands. They sure are easy to use...But what a waste of good meat. Personally I'll bet that oldtimer under there is using his pocketknife, proabably sharper than anything in my knife drawer.<br /><br />P.s. oldtimer is far from an insult, more of an ode to his expierence.Nothing but respect.

bubbakat

Captain

You are absolutely right neumans he and I both carry a two bladed case that is like a razor.<br />He and I both share the joy of cutting and no bands here yet. But am thinking along those lines because when those boys get around 5oo pounds it is hard to tail them and cut.<br /> The goodies goes to the man that is cutting them and the older gentleman is exactly 1 year older then I am.<br /> No jeff didn't make collins because this was the only time I could get enough help to do this.<br />Neumans you might be interested to know that fella with the red hat on still logs with a team of mules.<br /> If you ever get the chance to see the movie green mile look on the first part and he was the one working the team of mules. They were his.<br />here is a couple more<br /> web page web page

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

A two bladed case is what my grandfather caried, the smaller blade was sharpened to near nothing but that did not diminish it's usfulness.<br />Bands are easy to use, I would suspect that if you got rid of the hog paneling you could band them yourself from outside the chute.<br /><br />I seen the green mile for the first time last week, good movie, thanks for that tidbit.<br /><br />My father grew up on a team of horses, I have had the unique expierence of driving a team. My wifes family has some minature horses, while we were visiting I got to help harness and pull several diffrent wagons. It was an awsome expierence. We were backing the team when things went haywire and we rolled one of the horses in the harness...what a mess, I cannot even fathom what that would have been like with a fullsize team. Nonetheless neat expirence even with minatures.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea was raised on a farm and all we used was 2 1700# Belgium horses.<br />Quite the site to see them rip a stump out of the ground.<br />Gives new meaning to "Get up there"

LadyFish

Admiral

All I can say is ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
yuck.gif
<br /><br />Land sure is pretty though. :)

bubbakat

Captain

Lady fish I don't mind smelling a little of it or getting it on me. Every time I load some on the trailer I can buy a few more toys.<br />The place is pretty but the pics doesn't do it justice. Its nestled in between rolling hills. The place has been in the family for 6 generations<br /> <br />Spinner there is a fella right over the hill that has two teams of those horses you speak of and some of the prettiest harness you have ever saw.

SpinnerBait_Nut

They are some amazing animals for sure.<br /><br />But I still like the Grizzly. :cool:

bubbakat

Captain

Yea spinner I do to it is a fast and strong little bear

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by bubbakat:<br />Yea spinner I do to it is a fast and strong little bear
Yea the 600cc really knows how to get up and go.<br />The new 650's are even better with IS they ride a lot better too.