satellite images of your home or anywhere Help..

Link

Rear Admiral
Awhile back I thought it was LubeDude who posted a url for a site that you can zoom in on your house. Now I cant find it. It was pretty cool. Any help here?? <br />Thanks

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: satellite images of your home or anywhere Help..

Check March 13th--Amazing free something from NASA.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

still learning Worldwind, it's deep. so far the only detais, (closeup) is the topo stuff, which is the same info as terraserver...sl

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Awhile back I thought it was LubeDude who posted a url for a site that you can zoom in on your house. Now I cant find it. It was pretty cool. Any help here?? <br />Thanks
Also try. Image Atlas

Try these, although terraserver is probably just as good unless you live in one of the hi-res area's. Terraserver is nice for mapping out big<br />lakes as the rock shoals and creeks don't change<br />much over time. If you process the images as negatives using something like photoshop you can get a really nice idea of where underwater stream and river deltas and runouts are as well as shoals and rockpiles.<br /><br /><br />www.keyhole.com Free trial period. Subscription.<br />Has some nice detail images if your in a hi-res<br />coverage area. Not much boondock coverage at hi-<br />res though.<br /><br />www.GlobeXplorer.com USes same photo base as Terraserver except covers images with watermark.<br />Bleck.<br /><br />Have fun.

Ralph 123

Captain

samagee - that's a good one! I zoomed right onto my house! Wow!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just let's you zoom in so far though as a freebie.<br />I like the world wind one, you can zoom in and see the people on the streets.

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks people<br />I'll pass these links on to my friend

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

sbn, you got to teach me how to use it, I can zoom in to see an area from 3km up and when I zoom in closer it is blur. How can you make the image sharper? I read the instruction and still cannot get it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by beezee28:<br /> sbn, you got to teach me how to use it, I can zoom in to see an area from 3km up and when I zoom in closer it is blur. How can you make the image sharper? I read the instruction and still cannot get it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
beezee, which platform are you using on it?<br />topo, digital, urban, which one?

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

SBN, I was using the USGS 1m digital ortho but as it zoom in it is very blur. I was looking at Galveston area and all I can see is (I think) Houston area. I was using the USGS Urban Area Ortho and the rest of the surrounding area is blank pale green block. The area that I can see in Houston I can zoom down to an attitute of 140m which is quite amazing and quite clear, though I can see the car but not people. Any help is appreciated

Ralph 123

Captain

Google Just added Satellite images to their offerings. Nice!<br /><br /> http://maps.google.com/ <br /><br />Click on the "Satellite" link in the upper right and search for your address

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks Ralph<br />The guy I was getting these for has just bought a house and paid 13 dollars at another site for fuzzy pictures. He says (another ham) to say thanks from him also. Better pics and free printing :) He is actually having a blast. Wont stop talking about it.. you've created a monster<br /> ;)