Sangstercraft Boats

huntandhook

Seaman
Does anyone have any information on Sangstercraft boats? I recently bought an older 15'6" fibreglass Sangstercraft and I would Like to get more information about it. Other than being made in Vancouver, BC Canada I don't know anything about the company. The motor is a 1979 Johnson so I think the boat might be from the seventies as well. If anyone knows anything about these boats (years manufactured, specs) please let me know.<br /><br />Thanks,P

rattana

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sangstercraft Boats

I have a 22'6" Sangstercraft boat. It is a 1971. Mine was built in Vancouver BC also. I have service records from a Galleon Marine in Richmond BC. A couple years ago I asked if anyone had heard about Sangstercraft but there was no one that had any information about it. There must be some mariners around this area that have some knowledge but I didn't follow up on it. The good thing is there are alot of parts for the engine and drive around still.<br />Mine is an 888 pre-alpha, 302 ci with a 2 barrel carb.

huntandhook

Seaman

I see a lot of older Sangstercrafts out on the Island here so they must have made quite a few of them back in the day. Its strange that no one has any info about the company. How did you determine the year of your boat rattana? Is there some way to tell from the serial #?

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

I was told my boat was built in 1971, but now I am not so sure. After reading your post in the forum, I went out and looked at the serial number on my hull and can not see anything that would indicate the year 71 in the number. There is a 75 in the number.<br />I am going to go to the marina where most of the work was done prior to me getting the boat and see if they have any info on Sangstercraft boats.<br />I'll post what I find out next week.

Hi I just bought a 19 foot cuddy Sangstercraft this weekend, so I havnt done alot of research yet but so far the most informative forum is this http://www.smallboatforumtwo.com/view_topic.php?id=51&forum_id=4&jump_to=949 . I also read that the first two digits of the vin are the year (opposite of newer boats today).My vin is 591504 which would make it a 1959, but still unsure so if you find out some concrete info let me know..coolest boat ever.jpg

I have spoke with Charlie Hutchinson (son of Mike who I belive was one owner of Sangstercraft) and he verified the year of my boat by comparing old pictures he had in his office desk drawer.Thanks Charlie
P.s. just fitted the boat with a 1964 85 hp merc tower of power.I have posted a litle video of the old girl on you tube to help sell her for a mere $1950. Search under "1959 sangstercraft with 1964 mercury 85 hp " if interested