Same song different verse

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Guess what the subject of this article is:<br /><br /> _______ exposes flaws in N.O.'s disaster plans (NO TV station WWLTV.com) <br /><br />
Residents with cars took to the highways. Others wondered what to do. <br /><br />"They say evacuate, but they don't say how I'm supposed to do that," Latonya Hill, 57, said at the time. "If I can't walk it or get there on the bus, I don't go. I don't got a car. My daughter don't either." <br />...<br />In this case, city officials first said they would provide no shelter, then agreed that the state-owned Louisiana Superdome would open to those with special medical needs. <br />...<br />"We did the compassionate thing by opening the shelter," Nagin said. "We wanted to make sure we didn't have a repeat performance of what happened before. We didn't want to see people cooped up in the Superdome for days." <br />...<br />When another dangerous hurricane, Georges, appeared headed for the city in 1998, the Superdome was opened as a shelter and an estimated 14,000 people poured in. But there were problems, including theft and vandalism. <br /><br />This time far fewer took refuge from the storm - an estimated 1,100 - at the Superdome and there was far greater security: 300 National Guardsmen. <br />...<br />
That's right, it's Hurricane Ivan, September 18, 2004<br /><br />Luckily Ivan missed New Orleans.<br /><br />Note the reference to 1998 Hurricane Georges?<br />Note the failure to provide transport buses, as called for in the plan?<br /><br />In fairness, here's a victory for Nagin and Blanco:<br /><br />
<br />More than 1 million people tried to leave the city and surrounding suburbs on Tuesday, creating a traffic jam as bad as or worse than the evacuation that followed Georges. In the afternoon, state police took action, reversing inbound lanes on southeastern Louisiana interstates to provide more escape routes. Bottlenecks persisted, however. <br /><br />Col. Henry Whitehorn, head of state police, said he believes his agency acted appropriately, but also acknowledged he never expected a seven-hour-long crawl for the 60 miles between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. <br /><br />It was so bad that some broadcasters were telling people to stay home, that they had missed their window of opportunity to leave. They claimed the interstates had turned into parking lots where trapped people could die in a storm surge.<br />
For Katrina they reversed the flow of inbound traffic so all lanes flowed out & automotive evacuations were successful.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Same song different verse

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Me thinks we need some cowbell with them drums. :p

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> As long as it takes...I love it..
Right on Brother!<br />Some say wait till we hear all the facts... well, I've been hearing and reading a lot of facts. And some of them smell... real bad.<br /><br />The political Elite are banking on the fact that these issues will be dropped and forgotten. That's precisly why we keep having these fiascos.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

beat the drum.<br /><br /><br />
The political Elite are banking on the fact that these issues will be dropped and forgotten
foamy the squirrel mentioned just that.<br /><br />warning....the link below my have some innappropriate language....but gets the point across<br /><br /> http://www.wimp.com/katrinarant/

oddjob

Commander

The antenna on my jeep radio is not working at the moment...so the only channels I get are the locals and only about three with enough power (watts) for me to receive. <br /><br />On the day after katrina the DJ's at the local homeboy radio.... 105.something in miami was broadcasting all kind of whity hates the bother BS. And today when I was driving in to work they are touting all kinds of polls that are obviously BS....There basically saying that nothing has changed in 40 years and NO prooves it.<br /><br />Well, I can say one thing has changed...the brothers and the wigger's(caucasion homeboy) are proud to show us they are wearing underwear.. <br /><br />PS...wigger is a term given from the authentic brother...so, its not a racial slur. ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I know a song that never ends......<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

OMG! Foamy the Squirrel!<br /><br />Kelton....you bad! :cool:

gonefishie

Commander

OK I must have missed it, I'm a popular culture buff but what is this Foamy the Squirrel thing? I don't get it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by gonefishie:<br /> OK I must have missed it, I'm a popular culture buff but what is this Foamy the Squirrel thing? I don't get it.
Everyone knows him.<br />
Foamy.jpg