Saltwater Fishing Licenses ?

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I know over the past few years there has been some talk of recreational saltwater fishing licenses. I believe Florida is perhaps the only state presently enforcing this requirement but not really sure if any other states also picked up on this requirement within the past year. <br /><br />We're starting to think about long weekend vacation possibilities along some Mid Atlantic States which will indeed include saltwater fishing and just want to make sure nothing changed that may influence our decision on where and/or where not to go.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Kevin

mike1234tampa

Seaman
Re: Saltwater Fishing Licenses ?

Florida does make you purchase a saltwater fishing license,thing last time it was $14 + $2 for snook stamp, that is for Florida resident, out of state much more.

jinx

Virginia and Maryland require a license to fish the bay and tidal tributaries. Not sure about the Atlantic.<br /><br />I get a boat license for $30 that covers everyone in the boat.<br /><br />Jinx

tsr6500

Cadet

When I originally baught my license in CA, I had to pay $18, I think it is still around the same.<br />tsr6500

G-Daddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

VA and MD are reciprocal states so you only need one license. You can buy a bay sportfish boat license from MD for $40 or a VA boat saltwater license for $30 and cover everyone in the boat for both states.

PAkev

Thanks for the info,<br /><br />It sounds like a boat license is the way to go. Are those prices consistant or can a non-resident of MD and or VA expect to hand over a few more sheckles? Also does that license apply to crabbing as well?<br /><br />Kevin

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

In Florida, you are only required to have a license if you fish out of a boat.<br />You can bridge/shore/pier/jetty fish all you want for nothing. (but seeing as how this is iboats...I guess you would be in a boat,huh?)<br /><br />Dave

Both MD and VA have the same fee schedule for residents and nonresidents. The MD license fee includes a recreational crabbing license - also good for the boat. As far as I know you don't need a license to crab in VA.

Ken G

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Florida requires non-residents to have a saltwater fishing license whether they are on the shore or in a boat. A license is not required to fish from a pier where you have to pay to fish.<br /><br />Florida residents do not need a license unless they are in a boat.

Red Rider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SC has a recreational saltwater fishing liscens of some type, but I am not sure of the specifics.<br /><br />NC will probably have one within the near future. They have been working on it for several years now and it is starting to look like its going to happen. Most likely in this years legislation, probably to start 1 Jan or 1 Jul, 2005. The hold-up is who is going to get, and control the money.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> In Florida, you are only required to have a license if you fish out of a boat.<br />You can bridge/shore/pier/jetty fish all you want for nothing. (but seeing as how this is iboats...I guess you would be in a boat,huh?)<br /><br />Dave
maybe we can start a site called www.iDOCKS.com or maybe www.iBRIDGE.com :p

phatmanmike

Captain

you can alos get 3 day visitor temp liscences at walmart for 3 bucks

cdivrmike

Seaman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />From the FWC web site<br />Florida<br />SALTWATER FISHING <br />Resident <br /> Annual Five-Year <br />Gold Sportsman's License (includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Crawfish Permits) $83.50 <br />Annual $ 13.50 <br />Crawfish Permit $ 2.00 <br />Snook Permit $ 2.00 <br />Tarpon Tag $ 51.50 <br /> <br />Nonresident <br /> Annual <br />Annual $ 31.50 <br />Nonresident 3-Day $ 6.50 <br />Nonresident 7-Day $ 16.50 <br />Snook Permit $ 2.00 <br />Crawfish Permit $ 2.00 <br />Tarpon Tag $ 51.50

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

new york, none needed except if you surf fish on federal or state beaches....

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

No saltwater license required here in Maine. Hope it stays that way!

LadyFish

Admiral

Resident Fishing: $23 Required of any resident who fishes in the public waters of Texas (Note: All members of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty and their dependents are considered residents).<br /><br />Saltwater Fishing Stamp Endorsement: $10 This stamp endorsement is required in addition to a valid fishing license if you fish in the public coastal waters of Texas.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) There is no license needed in Mass. "BUT" if there is ever one needed then I hope that all the monies generated from license fees would go back into the fisheries and not the general fund!!!<br /><br />At one time the State tried to take the tax monies generated from sporting gear but the courts made them give it back!!! ;) :cool:

Arnold96

Petty Officer 3rd Class

NC just passed a "coastal" fishing lic. requirement. The Gov had not signed it yet so it is not law just yet, but hopefully will. We also hope to keep the fee for helping sportsfishing. But then again, they already raided the highway "trust fund". Crooks with ties...... :eek:

plumbjobber

Recruit

In Georgia you must have a fishing license to fish in salt water, no special stamp or anything, just a standard fishing license as required for fresh water covers salt water also. Fee for residents is $9.00

timbo1963

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No Saltwater Fishing Licenses in Kentucky!<br /><br /><br />Sorry I couldn't help myself :D