Saddam Hussein to sue UK newspaper

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
The Sun newspaper today printed photos of Saddam Hussein. The front page had an image of Saddam dressed only in his Y fronts.<br />Saddams lawyers claim that this breaches his human rights.<br /> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4567341.stm <br /><br /><br />
<br />"We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing these pictures," said Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer Ziad Al-Khasawneh, speaking from Jordan. <br /><br />The Sun newspaper said it would fight any legal action and said it planned to publish more photos on Saturday. <br /><br /> <br />
And the real crazy part of it is that the UK government will probably give him "Leagal Aid" to pay for any action against The Sun.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Saddam Hussein to sue UK newspaper

I was wondering how that was all going down over there... lots of controversy?<br /><br /><br />Sean

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

The Sun ain't a newspaper, it's a tabloid, do they still have the topless models on page three?<br /><br />"And the real crazy part of it is that the UK government will probably give him "Leagal Aid" to pay for any action against The Sun."<br /><br />Now that will really suck, but it will interesting to see how Rupert Murdoch buys his way out of it.<br />Even lets say that there is some financial settlement, Saddam is'nt getting squat, his lawyers will be the ones to make out like the bandits that they are.<br />This nonsense should've never been given the light of day, but hey! the sun shines don't it?

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

The only thing I believe in the sun us the date<br />Now! if they printed a picture of me in my ********** that would be against everyones human rights!

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

eboater! I think its going down the same over here as over there . we got lied to ,we are angry as hell but as usual its the soldiers who pay with life ,limb and sanity we support them all but not the lying scum who sent them <br /><br />Ta I feel better now!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

originaly posted by dave gibson<br /> The only thing I believe in the sun us the date
Come on dave thats a bit harsh.......... They get thier name right every morning to :D <br /><br />DITTO on your last comment. well said

D

DJ

the soldiers who pay with life ,limb and sanity we support them all but not the lying scum who sent them <br />
Sorry, you can't have it both ways.<br /><br /> Tell an American soldier that you support him and not his commander in chief and you might get a punch in the nose.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

the commander in chief did not send them the politicians did anyway saddam deserved what he got but if we are sending men out to risk there live the least they deserve is the truth ,this had nothing to do about democracy and everything about oil,If Iraq and other middle east countries had no oil no-one would have cared in the "West"

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

DJ<br />Every solider serving in Iraq gets 110% support from me , along with my thanks for making the world a safer place to live in.<br /><br />However if you ask me to support people who at best were incompitant & at worst bare face liers then I'm sorry but the answer is NO.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by dave gibson:<br /> the commander in chief did not send them the politicians did anyway saddam deserved what he got but if we are sending men out to risk there live the least they deserve is the truth ,this had nothing to do about democracy and everything about oil,If Iraq and other middle east countries had no oil no-one would have cared in the "West"
Soooo, it would not have mattered if he came to Scotland and dropped some nerve gas on your people as long as he had no oil? :rolleyes:

D

DJ

However if you ask me to support people who at best were incompitant & at worst bare face liers then I'm sorry but the answer is NO.<br />
As I said, you CANT have it both ways. If you are referring to GWB, he is OUR president. Not yours.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dont think he had any nerve gas isnt that the whole point?anyway if I was asked to join up and fight to remove saddam I would have went I just dont like getting lied to <br /><br />is it me or is this getting a little heavy didnt we start off with saddams Y fronts ,I only have myself to blame .I am getting down off my highhorse now......

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by dave gibson:<br /> I dont think he had any nerve gas isnt that the whole point?anyway if I was asked to join up and fight to remove saddam I would have went I just dont like getting lied to <br /><br />is it me or is this getting a little heavy didnt we start off with saddams Y fronts ,I only have myself to blame .I am getting down off my highhorse now......
He used something on his own people that killed them so yea, he had it or something to that effect.<br />Well, he looks funny in them is all I can say.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

DJ<br /><br />If GWB lied to the US people thats none of my UK business.<br /><br />I stand by my conviction that I will not support anyone who lied to me!! period.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yep RPJS I agree entirely.<br /><br />My problem with it all is that Blair lied to us all, as did GWB.<br /><br />It's none of my UK business if GWB lied to the US people.<br />It is however my business when GWB drags Blair into a war which is killing my friends and countrymen by lying to everyone.<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I support our troops 110%.<br />I support their commanding officers 110% too.<br /><br />I WILL NOT however support lying politicians that get our troops killed to save their own careers.

Twidget

Commander

'Scuse me guys, uh, the high and mighty UN also thought that Saddam had WMD, not to mention Bill Clinton thought he had WMD. <br /><br />The fact that he didn't isn't the US, GB or UN's fault. He should have come clean with the inspectors and the could still be happily killing and torturing his population today.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I think the UK should sue Saddam, for general purposes. He is a varmit, lowlife POS, that deserves every ill fate one may cast upon him. Time does not heal the damage this butt head has created. We have lost too many troops, and the Iraqi people have suffered loses as well. Sue the tabloid? Go for it scuzzball. You may be executed before it gets to court.

NathanY

Commander

this had nothing to do about democracy and everything about oil,
Boy dont I wish. I'm kinda tired of paying $60 to fill up my pick-up. If it was just about oil, then where the hell is it?

D

DJ

"it's all about oil".<br /><br />Ha Ha, Hee Hee.<br /><br />What was President Clintons agenda? How about Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and dare I say it-Kennedy (our self appointed King).<br /><br />Pick an agenda and stay with it. Not being able to do so just reveals the true agenda. LIBERALISM!<br /><br />Todays definition of liberalism means:<br /><br />No responsibilities.<br /><br />No cares.<br /><br />Anything goes.<br /><br />Whatever!<br /><br />Modern day liberalism is born of BOREDOM.<br /><br />If I could go back in time and have control. I would stop our fine young men from defending the UK and other Western European countries (who hate US) and let the Nazi's and Soviets have their way.<br /><br />But, history books today say nothing but-US=bad.<br /><br />So many fought and died for what? Bored baby boomers to kibitz? What a waste.